Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Approaching Christmas....

Well, here we are. It is now almost mid-November (gasp!). How is it that I have blinked, and not only are the babes now TEN months old, but that just yesterday I was anticipating their arrival? And don't even get me started to how quickly everything is going on a day-to-day basis. A baby's first year is a magical journey of every day happenings: be it sitting on their own, first laughs, first smiles, first crawl, first bites of food, first stand, first steps, first words, etc. You get the drift. This all just adds to how fast it all goes, especially the first year. And while you're at it, go ahead and add another baby into the mix. I can now understand how those other MoM's (Moms of Multiples) used to tell me that you won't rememeber the first year. Some woudl say way back when "Oh, you won't remember the first three months", when I was currently in the "first three months". And I would laugh. "How crazy you are!", I would say. "How would I not remember these days?". Oh, but see, those MoMs have been there, done that. And all I can say is thank God for cameras, and the hundreds of pictures I have taken.

Well, now here we are and its now mid-November. Its sad when I look back to a year ago on this blog, which has become such a wonderful thing I got to preserve. I love that I started it way back when. Its going to be great to look back on things. It was literally a year ago when I had my maternity pictures done. I didn't know for sure when it was, but I started to get sad as I saw teh leaves changing, b/c I remembered we were right in the middle of fall when we got them done last year. I can't believe that was an entire year ago! And then fall leads us to winter, which makes me even sadder, because my babies were born in the winter. I had to stay home last Christmas, because I was so close to my delivery date. And then two weeks later-two babies!

So, now with all the crazy people out there that started decorating for Christmas on Halloween, please stop! Its making me an insane person. That means its Christmas, and WINTER, and that means my teeny tiny babies won't be babies anymore - they'll be TODDLERS!!!!!!

Ya know, its funny with blogging. I started this post intending on blogging about an entirely different thing. But once I started writing, it changed :)

3 comments:

  1. I am right there with you. I can't believe how fast time is going. I know everyone says this but seriously where did the last 6 months go? I can't wait for Christmas but it just means my little guy will be 7 months then! EEK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{{HUGS}}} I'll let you know when I find that pause button. Such an amazing year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya... and now I'm wondering what the post was originally supposed to be about... ;)

    ReplyDelete