Friday, June 26, 2009

About Us

Hi! Welcome to my "Baby Book" of a blog. I started it literally the day I found out I was pregnant, because I didn't want to miss one single second. You can read about that fabulous day here. I also am terrible at scrapbooking, and babybooking, so I thought a blog was the next best thing. I have posted about every little thing that has happened, and also have found a hobby for photography along the way (I guess all moms develop this, since they take thousands of pictures of their babies!). Thanks for stopping by. Here is little bit about sweet lil' family of four.

This is me:



This is me and Jake (go Vols!).



We got married on a fall day in Knoxville, TN on October 19th, 2002. If you are in the south, you should know that all fall weekends revolve around football. It is what it is. So, we chose one of two fall weekend that did not host a UT football game. And here we are on our wedding day. In love and ready for our journey together.



We decided to wait a while to start a family and just enjoy being married. We traveled alot, and enjoyed each other and had fun. In early 2007, we decided it might be time to have kids. Little did we know that God had other plans for us. We spent the next 2.5 years of peeing on thousands of sticks, getting prodded, tested, procedured. surgeried, pricked, etc, etc, etc, until we finally got the answer we had been wishing and praying for.

I know you can't really see it, but as a pee-on-a-stick expert, there is a beautiful line :)
Then another surprise was waiting for us. Multiples! Then our real journey began, and I went from this:

10 weeks

to this:

34 weeks
Now our little life is perfect and complete. I would not change our journey is any way. It has made me be a better mother, I believe. These babies were very wanted and very loved way before they came to us, and I cherish every second with them. Welcome to our crazy, funny, ABSOLUTELY fabulous life.  You can contact me at apstribling@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! Your little ones are so cute!! Twins are amazing and to have a boy and a girl! Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, you were all belly at 34 weeks :) You have such a beautiful family, Mandy. Thank you for allowing us to experience your blessings of multiples through this blog. My cousins were twins and I loved watching them together; just a miracle and quite funny at times, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you came by....love your story and I especially LOVE all the pics you take! Looking forward to following you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you still have the Brat Decor Cribs? I am look for one

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I do! We converted them to toddler beds. Moving to their big girl/big boy beds in a couple of weeks though and will sell them!

    ReplyDelete