Monday, January 21, 2013

Our Yo Gabba Gabba Birthday Party!!!


YAY!!! Here we go. Their THIRD Birthday! How oh how oh how are they three? I adore party planning. Freaking adore it. And I have this big problem of not spreading out any of it. I would rather get completely obsessed for about a week or so and make myself a crazy person. As much as I adored planning their first, I must sat this was was so much fun!! They love Yo Gabba Gabba so much and I love all the bright primary colors. The possibilites are endless. (plus, I think I can reuse some of this stuff down the road - maybe a circus/carnival party?)

If you want to check out previous parties, you can see their first birthday here (Elvis/50's theme) or their 2nd (Mickey/Minnie theme).

Jules wore a Tutti Dress and Josh a Brobee outfit.

Our crazy, fun family  (bad pic though)

I decorated all the pictures downstairs with Yo Gabba Gabba decorations. Hysterical

The stairs. DIY pennant flag
DIY stuff: putting sticker-faces on bags and my pennant banner. The stickers on the party hats and bags were honestly making me insane.
My DIY banner and balloons :)
The party favor table. DIY paper wheels, DIY boom boxes and candy bar. 
I did party favors for the first time this year. I had more kids for the first time this year too. So, I did a little color-coordinated candy bar that kids could grab some things and put them in to-go goodie bags. 



Also for party favors were DJ Lance boom boxes (animal crackers with printables taped on)


The food room! Other things I did is print off these cute graphics from a lovely Pinterest subscriber. I printed them off and framed them and put the up all around the house. (You can see the orange one on the table) They were all sayings from the show: "Party in My Tummy", "Please, Thank you", etc.


food: Biz's Brie of the Day and DJ "Lance-wiches". Its ok to laugh :)

"Plex Mix" - sweet chex mix, and "Muno's Pretzels": Pretzel rods covered dipped in red candy melts and candy eyes. Other food I did that I didn't get a pic of were "Foofas Fruit Platter", "Tootie's Marshmallow Pops", and Brobee's "Party in Tummy's" veggie trays. 

Cupcakes with DIY cupcake toppers

I designed these posters for the babes and had them propped up in the food room. They are mod-podged onto foam board.

Foofa and DJ Lance Rock. (Not sure how I got him to agree to this one) DIY iron-on shirts :)

DJ Lance with Jules


The top of the cake. Molded rice kirspy treats covered in icing and cut sugar sheets for the eyes.  

cake time!
Blowing out our candle!

The cake and cupcakes! I also DIYed the pennant banners hanging everywhere.

My fake cake and the inspiration to the right.
I did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm pretty freaking proud of this. I can't even believe I did this. My FIRST time ever working with fondant. So proud of myself, not gonna lie. It is, however, a fake cake. It's a styrofoam dummy cake and the top layer is real though :)

Party Guests! Hunter (the lone guy) is holding red solo cups with a Muno eye. I'm pretty ticked I didn't get a pic of these. They were dang cute. 
more guests :) Poor Jake's family had to cut out early due to his Grandfather taking a nasty spill (hes good now though thank goodness!)

The coloring table with pages printed from nickjr.com
 
The "kid room"


Aunt GiGi and Uncle Jason. She manned the "kid room" where the photobooth was and our Yo Gabba coloring table was.


Poor Josh. He was overwhelmed.

Gift time!!
I'll pause here to tell you I was also knee-deep in planning a baby shower for my sister-in-law (once I post those pictures you will see I did alot of the same things) However, I decided I absolutely would have a photo booth-thing set up. I thought it was so awesome and fun!!! So, here are some pics from that. I printed off the props and attached them via hot glue.

Hysterical Josh. 




Me, my mom, sisters and Jules. The Prater Girls. 










Seriously....SO. MUCH. FUN. J&J had an absolute BLAST. I would do it again. Or, maybe not. Next year might be at a party-bounce type place.

Sources:
Got to admit, alot was Pinterest-inspired, but..
Cake - DIY
Banner, party hats, cupcake toppers, gift bags, favors: DIY
printables for party hats, bags, and photobooth props: The Party Project

And what's a party without Happy Birthday Song?


 


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

18 comments:

  1. You did a beautiful job!! My 2 year olds are Gabba obsessed so I'm already thinking of a Gabba party for their 3rd birthday in December. Love your ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an awesome job!!! Love all your DIY and the cake that was genius! Happy THIRD to your beautiful twins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great party theme! Looks like everyone had a blast. The cake was amazing and the muno pretzel sticks crack me up =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh. BEST. BIRTHDAY. EVER!! You did such a wonderful job with this, they were probably in pure heaven! Happy (belated) Birthday to your adorable kiddos!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMW! This is too cute! I love how you decorated the photos by the stairs. My daughter has recently become a big fan of Yo Gabba Gabba. What a cute party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun time was had by all. Way to go on the cake. I love the posters and all the colorful pictures.
    I'm your newest GFC friend stopping by to say Hi from N.W.W.B. FB group.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! My son writes songs and music for Yo Gabba Gabba - and is the voice of Muno. We love YGG!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! My son writes songs and music for Yo Gabba Gabba - and is the voice of Muno. We love YGG!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting from bloggymom's February Hop from http://MamaInHeels.com. I enjoyed reading your blog! Just followed you!
    Janise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just love to see the smile on the faces of the little guests whenever I throw a simple birthday party for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I'm just wondering where you got those face stickers for the bags?! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I'm just wondering where you got those face stickers for the bags?! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jessica! I actually printed them on label paper and stuck them on. Tedious lol

      Delete
  13. From where do u print the eyes

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey I was wondering what fondant recipe did you use? I'm trying to create this for my sons birthday! Please let me know. I've tried a couple recipes and they haven't turned out good.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey I was wondering what fondant recipe did you use? I'm trying to create this for my sons birthday! Please let me know. I've tried a couple recipes and they haven't turned out good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Rosa! I actually used Wilton's in a box that I found at Joann's. Used a 40% coupon too!

    ReplyDelete