Wednesday, May 27, 2009

And away we go!!

May the 20th was an excellent, excellent day. It was the day we found out we were expecting. Wow. What a journey this has been. I can finally say after almost 2 and a half years of trying to start a family, it might be actually happening for us. A little background: we have been trying to start a family since about February of 2007. We have been through just about everything: fertility drugs, laproscopy surgeries, HSG, s/a, multiple failed IUIs, accupuncture, etc. We got our first BFP in May of 2009. May 20th, to be exact. I went in immediately that day for blood work. And it was great. We back in that Friday, and it was great again. I was beyond excited.

Here have been our BETAs so far. (Beta is the measurment of the pregnancy hormone, hcg, in your system. Is is supposed to double every 48 hours)

11 days past ovulation (or DPO)-40
13 DPO-117
17DPO-740.5,
20DPO-1891

Throughout all of this it hasn't been all peaches and cream for me. I have been to the ER with ovarian cysts, been diagnosed with OHSS (ovarian hyper-stimulation syndrome) and had to have an emergency laproscopy done to correct an ovarian torsion, which means my right ovary was twisted three times around my fallopian tube. So, whew! I hope the bad stuff has gone away and we can now focus on the good stuff-family!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment