Thursday, December 31, 2009

Nursery!!!

Thanks for stopping by! If you like what you see, please take a second and vote for my blog to help keep it ranked. Just takes two clicks. Thanks!!

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs



YAY! Here is our beautiful, fabulous nursery. I am beyond in love with it. I wish I could fit in a crib and I would sleep here every night. We did chair rail half way up. The bottom is painted taupe and the top is white. And I know there are probably numerous no-no's as far as babies go, and they will be taken care of. But, I just wanted everything perfect for pictures :) Please leave comments below and let me know what you think!!



The view from the hallway when you're walking in. I framed some of our maternity pictures on that first small wall.
The left side of the nursery (the girl's side). I decided to do the room like they are in my belly. The girl's on the left, the boy's on my right :) There is the glider, a side table, and her crib. The three prints on the wall are these and I kind of stole and printed them in my nursery colors and framed myself. They seemed kind of french to me, and I like them.





The right side of the nursery (the boys side). Here is the boy's crib along with the changing table and bookshelf.

Another view of the right side.



The glider and side table. the glider was given to us by good friends who also had twins, and I covered it in ivory.

The girl's crib. My fabulous cribs are Bratt Decor. The bedding was custom made by my best friend's mother. It is an ivory satin bedskirt, and ivory satin bumper with ivory and pink on the ruffle. LOVE IT. And the pink teddy was a gift from my sister, Ginny.

Close-up of the bedding.



Monogrammed pillow given by Jennifer, Jake's sister.

Her monogram on the head of the bumper. Hmmm, wonder where I got this idea?

Side view of her crib.



I did silhouettes of the boy and girl and framed them each to hang above each crib. The frames are painted the same color as the half wall, and the ivory ribbon matches the bedding.

The chest of drawers that is in-between the cribs. I hated that its in front of the window, but there was no where else to put it. I painted, distressed, added appliques, and changed the knobs to glass to make it look like this uber fabulous one from Art for Kids. Theirs is $2,224.00. Mine was WAAAYYY below that. And mine looks pretty good if I do say so myself. The drapes are gold.


Close-up of the top of the chest.




Side view of the boy's crib.


Boy's fabulous bedding :)


close-up of his monogram on the bumper.



The boy's silhouette. You can see his better b/c its darker.





Changing table with ivory cushion and book shelf, already full of the greatest books ever. Classic Disney stories, Dr. Suess, Peter Rabbit, etc. - they are set. There is a wooden toy train that was actually in Jake's room growing up, and the dried roses at the top of the shelf were from one of my showers.



The fabulous rug from Ballard Designs. I love, love, love it.




Trying to get a good shot of the fabulous chandelier from Ballard Designs as well, but you can't see it very well b/c the lights are on :)




Here is a close-up of it. Hopefully, you can see it a little better.

The rest are just random photos I took: Thanks for looking and let me know what you think!!



6 comments:

  1. Mandy: You did a perfect job on the nursery. It looks like something out of a magazine. All it needs now are our little J's in the cribs. Love you guys, Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap woman! My nursery NEVER looked that good! Very French & just perfect for those kiddos you're about to meet. Can't wait to hear the names you choose on game day! (We did a game day name decision and it was the best thing we did because we could see what he looked like & what his personality was.) Good luck to you in the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the most beautiful nursery in the world. You have done a wonderful job. I am so proud of you. Can't wait for my little beans to be in there. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your paint color. Can you tell me what the bottom color is? I am planning my nursery and want to do a similar color. I know you said it was taupe but do you know the specific brand and color name? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! The specific color is called Cincinnatian Hotel Nichols Taupe. Here is a link to it:

    http://marketplace.hgtv.com/Product.aspx?Lid=4260-11031710

    ReplyDelete