Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Baseball Boy

Apparently baseball starts pretty young here - haha! And that's ok, the younger they are, the cuter they are trying to bat, run, catch, and all of the above. To say he was excited when he found out he was going to be a Pirate was an understatement. (Although a wee disappointed to discover he wasn't getting an eyepatch). He chose #6, the beloved number of Predator Shea Weber (the boy is OBSESSED with hockey, wrong sport huh).

All in all it was a fun season of boys learning the sport Jake and I both played (see below). He was destined to be a baseball "boy of summer" :)

Jake, front row center :)

Me, in the monogrammed hat third from the right (my sister is on the end)

Jules mostly played in the dirt. And even though asked a million times, she had no desire to play. 



Well, beat the drum and hold the phone - the sun came out today!
We're born again, there's new grass on the field.
A-roundin' third, and headed for home, it's a brown-eyed handsome man;
Anyone can understand the way I feel.



Showing his teammates his "muscles"

Oh, put me in, Coach - I'm ready to play today;
Put me in, Coach - I'm ready to play today;
Look at me, I can be Centerfield.


Gideon, Ryder, Josh

He turned big overnight :(

Well, I spent some time in the Mudville Nine, watchin' it from the bench;
You know I took some lumps when the Mighty Casey struck out.
So Say Hey Willie, tell Ty Cobb and Joe DiMaggio;
Don't say "it ain't so", you know the time is now.




Oh, put me in, Coach - I'm ready to play today;
Put me in, Coach - I'm ready to play today;
Look at me, I can be Centerfield.


Running as fast as he can, even though there is no score, and no outs, even if the boys knew how to get someone out - ha!

Typical


Got a beat-up glove, a homemade bat, and brand-new pair of shoes;
You know I think it's time to give this game a ride.
Just to hit the ball and touch 'em all - a moment in the sun;
(pop) It's gone and you can tell that one goodbye!





Oh, put me in, Coach - I'm ready to play today;
Put me in, Coach - I'm ready to play today;
Look at me, I can be Centerfield.





Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

0 comments:

Post a Comment