Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

I am usually not a fan of Mother's Day. It's odd I guess. I loathed it during those years I was trying to have a baby then couldn't. Then when Mother's Day occurred when I finally had my babies, I think I wanted it to be this huge eventful special day, which usually lies on the hands of the dad. Granted, he's a good one, he just has not, nor ever will think celebrations are special or eventful. He doesn't like birthdays, and thinks people are silly for celebrating them. That's just him. I am the opposite, but that's ok, lol. So Mother's Day isn't usually a big deal around here. 

This year was a little different. Jake's family didn't plan a big to-do down there. They decided to go a little lower key and go out to lunch. It happened to be during nap time anyway, so we just hung back. The day wasn't eventful, or over the top, but it was PERFECT. The kids were great, they were so sweet and well behaved all day. Jake didn't play golf and was present with me and with them ALL DAY. woohoo. Like I said, we didn't do much. We went on a family walk, ate lunch on our deck outside, and went and rode around on the golf course (while yes, you laugh - this was my idea! The weather was just so perfect!) and let the kids hit a few balls. It's wasn't eventful, but it was quaint and special, and PERFECT. Sweet little family day. I love being a Mommy.




Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

0 comments:

Post a Comment