Wednesday, January 27, 2010

2-week Doctor Appt

Well, we had another very good doctor appointment! We actually called and got in a lot sooner than we thought because my sweet babies are still suffering from intestinal issues. They are still very grunty, very gassy, and very spit-uppy.

However, I have some chunkers on my hands!! The doctor wanted to see them sooner because he was worried than with the vomiting and spit ups, they weren't gaining weight. But, they have put on weight nicely! In fact, they are gaining weight very rapidly. Sweet Jules is a superstar! She now weighs 5lb13oz, and Josh weighs 6lb1oz. He has hit the 6lb mark, and she has gained a whole pound in a week and a half! It makes me a little sad though because she is my little, teeny tiny, porcelain doll. And now she may overtake her brother!

They told me I could start breastfeeding again, which I have been doing. Well....honestly I haven't started breastfeeding. I have been pumping and doing the bottle thing. I hate to admit it, but it is just so much easier. I feel terrible about it, I really do. And I had a hard time deciding to do it. But, at least I can pump. I have a huge supply, and we haven't even had to supplement yet with formula. Speaking of that, they gave us a new formula to try. Its an Emfamil formula specifically for babies with dairy allergies and colic.

Other than that, all is well! I was at the doctor all day yesterday thinking I had a blood clot in my leg. Turns out, I have irritated my sciatic nerve! WTH!! How does that happen??? So, now I am back on paid meds. Good grief.

0 comments:

Post a Comment