Tuesday, January 5, 2010

36 Weeks - Update on me! (and final belly shot!)

I took a regular belly pic and then one front-ways, so you (and I) can see that I was mostly just belly this entire time, thank the Good Lord.


Here we go! We are officially in the final week. And when I say final week, I mean we have three days left. The babies will be here on Friday (or later), if we like it or not. I kind of wish they would decide to come early, just so I can experience some type of labor. I thought we were there on Sunday night. I got about three hours of sleep b/c I was up all night with pretty regular contractions. But, they weren't getting any stronger, then they got further apart, then nothing. Stupid Braxton Hicks.

I can't explain how I'm feeling right now. Its all so unbelievable. I can't believe I have two full-size babies in my belly. I don't feel like I am that big. I really hope they are a good size, and get to come home with us. I know in my head that we will have babies on Friday. But, the other night I woke up in a panic attack actually realizing what this means. I know people have babies all the time, and I know it is life-changing. But I am still terrified as to what that actually means. Our lives will change, and for the better, and for the rest of our lives. I am still just in awe of all this. I can't wait to meet them.


How far along? 36 Weeks, 3 Days
Total weight gain/loss: as of this moment, +40 -45 pounds, which seems to change dramatically througout the day. (trust me on this one, I am dying to get my final total). What is crazy is 40-45 lbs is exactly what I was supposed to gain, and I can't believe I have done so well with that, since I have been eating everything that is put in front of me. (especially this week - I am kind of "indulging" b/c this is the last week I get to)
Maternity clothes? I have about three things I can wear at this point. yea.
Best moment this week: Quinton is in! Let the fun begin! (actually, this is just a quote from Can't Buy Me Love, but this made me thing of it, even though it has nothing to do with Quinton.)
Movement: They are still moving pretty good, I suppose. I guess they are happy where they are are not ready to go anywhere yet. I'm sure it doesn't help that it's 20 degrees outside the womb. These are brilliant babies.
Waist Diameter: I went down an inch. I measured last week at 47 weeks for a single pregnancy. This week I am at 44 weeks. My doctor says its because they have dropped. And I guess by looking at my belly pics, you can kind of tell that too. I think I look a little smaller than I did two weeks ago. 44 inches.
Food cravings: Whatever you have, I'll eat it.
Gender: Baby Stribs are a boy and girl. No extra parts, and yet, still no names :(
Labor Signs: just stupid old Braxton Hicks.
Belly Button in or out? Do I need to still answer this one
What I miss: Nothing. The time is here!
What I am looking forward to: Babies, babies, babies, babies, babies, babies, babies, babies!!!!!!
Milestones: 36 WEEKS!!!!!
Realization of the week: We are gonna have Baby Striblings!! And they still remain nameless!!!!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! I can't believe it's almost that time already! I can't wait to hear how it went and to see pics of your 2 gorgeous little ones! Good Luck Friday! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like you're leaving them nameless on purpose!!

    And I'm extremely jealous that you've gained as much weight as I did - except I just had one baby in there!!

    Can't wait to see pictures of them!!

    ReplyDelete