Friday, January 22, 2010

My heart is full

Happy Two Week Birthday precious angels!!

This one makes my heart full...


Josh had the hiccups and he literally rolled to his side and reached over and grabbed and held Jules' hand. Seriously, could anything be more precious???



In this one you can tell how small they really are. The bouncy seat is usually for only one baby. Both of mine can fit in there quite easily and still have a lot of room :)



In other news, we have developed tummy issues. Poor things. The pediatrician thinks they might be allergic to my breastmilk :( or formula, or have acid reflux. We are on a trial and error for the moment. So, I am on a 5 day break from breastfeeding and they are on strictly formula. I, in the meantime, have to take all dairy products out of my diet, as well as anything acidic. This has been quite hard!!! But, they are worth it in every way imaginable. I just wish they felt better :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy for you guys!!! Don't stress about the tummy issues TOO much, it is so common. Declan had reflux and is doing just fine, now! I'm proud of you for sticking with breastfeeding and being so on top of things!!! I can't wait to meet them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Props to you for being able to eliminate all dairy & citrus from your diet! It's amazingly hard to do. Will also has tummy issues and we ran the same trial & error tests. It came down to "colic" and reflux and weeding most everything else out. BUT...our doc recommended BioGaia probiotic drops for Will. It's been an absolute Godsend! I did some research and found that the study they did reduced crying by 75% in 95% of the study population! There's a page on their site to find out where to buy it near you. We have the drops and they're kind of expensive but WELL worth the peace and comfort it gives my baby. Our pediatrician also said that she would take a capsule and break it open and swipe the powder on the inside of her son's mouth and she started her son on them at 2 weeks old. BTW, the capsules are MUCH cheaper! She also said that it would take about a week to take full effect and we've noticed a MAJOR change in Will. He's so much more happy and content. YAY! So, needless to say, mamma is happy! Just thought I'd share in case it's something you'd like to try. The website is http://www.biogaia.com/Page/Standard/79/BioGaia-Probiotic-drops.aspx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also meant to add that our pediatrician didn't use the BioGaia brand. So don't feel obligated to get this specific brand. HTH!

    ReplyDelete