Monday, March 30, 2015

Stop, take a breath, and enjoy your friends and family

I'm not sure what the point of this post is. I just hope someone reads it and they stop and take a breath. 

There is so much sadness right now, surrounding so many of my friends in the Buy/Sell/Trade internet world. One sweet little girl is saying her goodbyes after succumbing to cancer; a mom who I knew only through the internet world was stabbed by her husband in front of her kids and passed. Only a few months ago she posted in our chat group- asking advice on how to obtain a burner phone so she could try to get out of her abusive marriage. Another's husband just found out he has stage 3 cancer. A friend of mine was in an awful wreck with her son on the interstate. So many prayer requests and it just makes me sad. 

A good friend of mine posted earlier. She had a good friend in town with her kids. They were swimming at local hotel poor so the kids could swim. Her out-of-town friends' 4 year old son ended up drowning. My friend's husband tried performing CPR, but the sweet boy didn't survive. You can look at her FB page and see pictures as recent as last week, and just like that he's gone. 

Time is so so fleeting. I know I post about time flying so many times on this page. It's just true. Horrible things can happen in the blink of an eye. I am the WORST imaginable at not being "in the moment". I'm constantly thinking about needing to do this and that, ignoring my kids, letting them watch TV or play by themselves so I can get stuff done. Then yelling at them or being frusturated if we're running late for the next thing. 

I'm just sad. I am a lucky lucky girl, and my family is the best. I want and pray that this year I just enjoy them. I need to take it day by day and just talk to them... Listen to them.... Play with them...love them. 

It's just too fleeting. So many prayers for all those hurting. I'm going to go kiss my babies in bed. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my god!!!!! This is all so horrible! What in the world is going on right now? I'm sorry you've known so much sadness right now but how grounding to remind you of everything you have and to appreciate it so much. My thoughts go out to all your friends, online or not, that have gone through these terrible things :( Keep your head up

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to all your friends suffering so right now =( Thank you for the reminder to live in the now and give my kids the love and attention they deserve. We only get to live this life once!

    ReplyDelete