Saturday, March 21, 2015

The Blog Post about Blogging



I feel like I have approached a wall in the blogosphere. I'm not really sure how or why it happened, but I have definitely hit something. I'm pretty sure it has to do with my babies, and the fact they are now (aaaccckkkk! FIVE)

I'm trying to be a bit more sensitive to posts about them now that they're growing older, and think "would they want me posting about X,Y,Z". After all, in my TimeHop app this week (a social media app that is both awesome and awful, as it makes me cry at least once a week) TimeHop goes back five years, and pulls up your exact post on that day one year ago, two years ago, etc. So some posts are me posting about those early days of parenting, which I have blacked out. Ha! It happens when you have twins. 


However, the one this week was The Poop Post. While I did try to black that gem of a memory out, it's still fresh on my brain lol. 

While those posts are funny when they are babies, probably not so much now. 




I'm in an transition. In life and in blogging. I feel like most of my posts lately have been pictures of them, and just general things we've been up to. I've noticed I don't get my nice camera out as much as I used to... More relying on my iPhone. 

However, my Instagram account is my lifeblood lately! That's my go-to for daily funnies that the kids are into. But not "blog-worthy" if that makes sense.


I think I'll probably do a little bit more of lifestyle, things going on my my brain, and of course my kids. I think I knew it was coming, since last year when I changed the name of the blog to "The Fabulous Baby Striblings", to "Mandy With Multiples", but I just hadn't thought about it that much. 


And then in another part of my brain, I'm thinking "do people still read blogs?" I know I don't nearly as much as I used to. But then again, my kids are older. I was obsessed with other moms in the thick of new-babydom. I related to them. Now... I feel like those moms now have five year olds and are in the same rut I am. Many very popular mom bloggers have even stopped blogging, or have taken a break. I mean, my blog link feed over there is like a desert. Life happens, I get it. We don't have the two hour napping breaks like we used to to "catch up" on our blog reading. Our attention span is about one minute now. I honestly don't have time to read super long blog posts. (Hence my love for Instagram!



But all in all, my kids are still cute, they're still hysterical, and we are still up to everything lol. I still love blogging, and we will be around forever. But just posting my thoughts at the moment, which is pretty much for blogging is for anyway, amirite? 


3 comments:

  1. I get this completely and am in the exact same boat! I miss all my blogs but agree reading about five and six year olds is not quite as interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, I am RIGHT THERE with you. My son will be 4 in a couple of weeks and those "silly baby posts" just don't work for me anymore. I gave my blog an entire makeover -- I've spun it more lifestyle now, rather than a lighthearted "mommy blog." It's a weird transition. I feel the transition, too! I'll follow you on Instagram. I am ALWAYS on there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yay. Glad I'm not alone. It's just so weird!! But who wants to read about "kids"? Babies are way more interesting to read about.

    ReplyDelete