Wednesday, November 25, 2009

30 Weeks - Update on Me!



I cannot believe how fast this is all flying by. I swear, it is going faster and faster. I remember it going SO SLOW around 20 weeks, and it took forever to get out of the first trimester, then to 24 weeks. But, now, everything seems to be moving on cyber speed.


Not a whole lot to update on this week. We got our maternity pictures back (which you may have seen already). We also had a beyond excellent ultrasound appointment. I am just so amazed and so blessed to be doing so well. However, all is not all roses. I am still severely anemic. I just don't understand this at all. I have added more nutrition bars in my diet, which have at least 35% of your day's iron in them. I eat Total cereal every morning and as a snack, which has 100% of your day's iron. I eat alot of protein. I take two iron supplements a day as well. My doctor says that the babies are fine though. Basically, they are taking it all and leaving none for me. Those rascals. At least I haven't had any of those weird iron deficiency cravings while pregnant, such as dirt, laundry soap, starch, hair, matches, etc. This is all true by the way. The condition is called Pica. So, see? It could be worse.

Its Thanksgiving this week - YEA!! That means I get to have two huge meals. And if you count the Thanksgiving potluck at work last week, thats three. Woohoo!! Me likey Thanksgiving food. Speaking of work, I have been off all week, which has been wonderful. Its nice to be able to do the couch thing and rest a while.


Our next step in all this is to find us a pediatrician. We are going to start looking at them next week. We have had lots of great recommendations, so hopefully it won't be too hard.


How far along? 30 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +32 pounds. Yes, this is still really good, and its obviously good for the babies b/c they weigh so much, but to go past the 30 pound mark is a little scary. Even scarier is that it is all still in my belly. I'm 5'1"!!! How am not tipping forward at this point?
Maternity clothes? No more have I bought. I think I am done. Hopefully I won't grow out of anything though. And if so, oh well.
Best moment this week: Having a GREAT appointment. I am so, so excited they are weighing so much. They have put on a pound each in less than three weeks. (well he has, she almost has put on a pound, but still very good). The more they weigh, the better!!
Movement: Still moving like crazy. I literally lose my breath when they flip or move around. They are so tight in there it makes my breath stop. They are now like train tracks, both head down (diagonally though) with their feet up on my left side.
Waist Diameter: 43 inches
Food cravings: Just lots of chicken. I have decided that I actually am wanting chicken more than any other meat. Not necessarily steak or beef or fish, just usually chicken.
Gender: Baby Stribs are a boy and girl. No extra parts.
Labor Signs: No, thank God. Everything is still closed up nice and tight.
Belly Button in or out? We are still in outie-ville.
What I miss: I can't believe I'm saying this, but I really miss working out. I was reading a magazine the other day and there was a Reebok advertisement. The girl was working out and had really toned legs and some cute new tennies. I miss that.
What I am looking forward to: Delivery! We have a date! Hopefully I'll make it that far - January 8th!
Milestones: 32 weeks is our next milestone. If we make it to 32 weeks, they should be fine! (in the NICU for a while, but still fine. Lots of twins are born at 32 weeks)
Realization of the week: We are getting closer and closer. This is SO COOL!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're 30 weeks!!

    Do you guys have the names decided on yet??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heck no! We are having the most horrible time with this! How do people do it??

    ReplyDelete