Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Birthing Class #2 (a little late)

Sorry for the late post. Our second birthing class was last Wednesday, and our third is tomorrow, which reminded me to update on class #2. Ooops!! Pregnant Brain - what do you expect??

We were a little tardy to class number 2 by about 15 minutes and I felt really bad..but we had to eat!! And by the time we got there I had to go to the bathroom soooo bad, but decided to wait b/c I felt like we were in trouble when we got there. The good news was is that there were mini pumpkin cheesecakes there as snacks, and they were quite yummy!

The class over all was, I think, good?? This class was all about labor, which hopefully, won't pertain to me as I am expecting a c-section, but thats beside the point. We got to watch multiple women go through a natural childbirth and through all stages of labor (NATURALLY!!!) I know there are probably a few of you out there that did this, and more power to ya, but no thanks for moi. And I do mean, NO THANKS. Those poor women looked miserable. And even worse was they kept putting time frames up on the screen, so then it went from 2 hours, to 4 hours, to 8 hours, to 16 hours, to 24 hours, etc. CRAZY SCARY. And what was worse is we (again) had to watch the births and again, these women really need to take into consideration that they are on a birthing class video and might have needed to groom a bit down there. That almost made me sicker than anything, LOL.

Anyway, the next part we focused on was breathing and we breathed through some contractions and I think I did outstanding at that, (although no contractions, LOL, so it was pretty easy). Then Jake learned how to be a perfect support person. He learned how to give a labor massage and at the end of class he got to massage me for a good ten-fifteen minutes. Woohoo! I REALLY loved that part. He didn't say, but I am almost positive he loved it too. Ha!!

Our homework for this week's class is to bring a "comfort bag", which will include all kinds of things from your house to help you through labor, like massage tools, music, pictures, etc. I wonder if I can bring my kitties.

0 comments:

Post a Comment