Sunday, December 27, 2009

34 Weeks - Update on Me!!



We are now in the final stretches, and I honestly can't believe it. They could come now, and be fine - totally fine! Do you know how soon January the 8th is? Less than two weeks - LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!! I will have babies in less than two weeks!! We will be the Stribling Family in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS!!!! And, really, they could come any time now. I'm rambling.

A wonderful Christmas was had by all. Everyone here was hoping I would deliver while they were in town, but alas, these babies were staying put. We even went to Opryland Hotel last night and walked around, and I just kept thinking, (how in the heck am I walking around this hotel at almost 35 weeks pregnant with twins?? What is going on here???)

We have our pediatrician, and I could not be more pleased. Jake and I went and met with Dr. Leeper at the Brentwood Children's Clinic, and he will be fabulous. Very funny, very charismatic. And they are open on Saturdays and have an all-hours hotline. Perfect.

Still no daycare. Still in freak-out mode over this one. Still have been trying to find more. I am afraid this little task will fall to the bottom of priorities once the babies get here, but as of this moment, what can we do??

PUPPPS is kicking my a$$. It really is sooooo uncomfortable. And sooo itchy. And I sooooo want to claw myself silly. In fact, I have....several times. Once you start going, its just hard to stop! And I am REALLY loving how everything on my body is a swollen, puffy marshmallow. That has been the best thing so far.

How far along? 34 Weeks, 6 Days
Total weight gain/loss: Hmmmm, let's just say I haven't exactly weighed myself over the holidays. However, I did at my doctor's appointment this past week, and I still haven't caught up to Jake's weight. I am one pound shy. Grated, I'm sure I will beat him and leave his poor weight in the dust, but for now, I am one pound shy, and I am perfectly fine with that.
Maternity clothes? At this point, I am just wanting anything to fit. And to not make me itch. That is a challenge in and of itself.
Best moment this week: Lots of things!!! First off, Christmas was great! Everyone came to us this year, b/c of my limited traveling, and it has been so nice to have everyone at our house for the first time, even though it was also weird. Does that mean we are now grown-ups? Next was my last day of work! Woohoo! Don't do back until April - how fantastic is that?? And lastly was another great ultrasound appointment. Babies are still looking good and are nice and snug in the ole belly.
Movement: Well, now that I finally know what a contraction is, I realize I have been having them for months now. So, now I am trying to pay attention to them. So, far, so good. I'm having them regularly, but not regularly enough for a true labor.
Waist Diameter: Its hard to hug me :( and I am a huggy person. 45 glorious inches.
Food cravings: Well, seeing that it has been Christmas time, let's just say I haven't limited myself to many things. In fact, nothing.
Gender: Baby Stribs are a boy and girl. No extra parts, and yet, still no names :(
Labor Signs: Cervix is still closed up extra tight, but now my award-winning extra long cervix, is now well within a normal range.
Belly Button in or out? We are still in outie-ville, but the bigger my belly gets, the smaller my outie gets. See? There are positives.
What I miss: Nothing. This has all flown by so fast. I just still can't believe I'm even pregnant. (and did I mention that we will have babies in LESS THAN TWO WEEKS??)
What I am looking forward to: Babies, babies, babies, babies, babies, babies, babies, babies!!!!!!
Milestones: 34 WEEKS!!!!!
Realization of the week: We are gonna have Baby Striblings!! And they still remain nameless!!!!

1 comments:

  1. I can't believe how close you are! Thats so exciting you'll get to meet those two in less than two weeks!

    ReplyDelete