Thursday, December 17, 2009

PUPPPS

Did you guys think this would be a post about doggies?? Ha! I wish...

Nope, it turns out all the itching and scratching I have been doing is not a result of stretching, winter skin. Nope, apparently I have PUPPPS (Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy). It is very common in first pregnancies and usually occurs in the third trimester at 35 weeks (or earlier with twins). They also think sometimes it develops due to the male DNA. So, its usually women who are delivering a boy during their first pregnancy, which I am. (thanks boy) There is no cure for it except delivery - NICE! And some pictures I have googled are really gross looking. I don't even look like I have any type of rash. I do have some stretchmarks, but you really can't see any rash unless you look really really close.

It is very, very itchy and at times I want to claw the babies out. But, they did tell me about some lotion that is helping a bit. If it doesn't get any better then they will send my to my dermatologist for a steroid shot.

But, I guess I will survive it. If this is the worst that will happen, I'm ok with it :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh no!! My cousin had PUPPS and she found it to be awful!! I'm sorry :(

    Those babies will be here soon enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck, sorry about the PUPPPS! Because being 8 months pregnant with twins isn't bad enough, right? Jeez. But you are right, if this is the worst that happens, you'll be fine. I remember being super itchy, too, so at least you know you can't really avoid it! lol I'm so excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, how cute are those Pups, though?

    ReplyDelete