Friday, April 23, 2010

14 Weeks - Update on the Babes



14 Weeks Old!


Well, I did it. I am now a "working mother". The first week was hard, but now everything is perfectly fine. Our nanny is wonderful. She loves my babies, and I think they adore her. I know its going to get harder and harder the older they get. This morning, I was in their nursery playing with them before I got in the shower. Our nanny was already there and getting ready to feed them. They were both so happy to see me and they just stared and smiled at me. They couldn't take their eyes off of me. And when I walked out to go take a shower, both of their little eyes and heads just followed me and watched me leave, and it broke my heart! How am I going to do this when their start saying Mama and crying when I leave? Yikes!! (of course, on the flip side, its soooo nice to get out of the house sometimes, and I really do like my job) Sooo, just a vent :)



Feedings: Its amazing how things change in such a short period of time. Two weeks ago I was complaining about how we were having to force feed Jules, and it was such a chore to get 2 - 2.5 ounces in her. Well, this week, she has been eating like a champ - almost three ounces each feeding, and she is actually hungry!! And Josh has been the one fighting his bottle. What??? We have started to put a little rice cereal in his bottle to help with reflux and his spit up, so maybe thats why?? I dunno. Its so bizarre how things change so fast!



Waketime/Napping: We are doing good here, I think! and I think we are close to dropping our 4th nap. They are just so fussy after the 4:00 feeding in between bathtime at 6:30, so we might end up dropping that one. I still haven't decided yet. Sometimes I think they are ready, and other times not. We went to Knoxville last weekend (more on that below) and they did not nap at all then. Josh was fine, but Jules literally had the worst screaming fit I have ever seen. She was SO TIRED and was just awful, bless her heart. (We southerners say "Bless Their Heart" after we say something mean, to make us not sound so mean, lol)


Nightime: Okay, so after the 12 week "sleeping through the night" episode, we went backwards. We were still having to feed around 4-5:00 in the morning. Sheesh. Then at the beginning of our 14th week, we were golden again! One of them would stir around 3-4, and then we would put their pacifier in, and they would usually sleep until 6 or 6:30. Woohoo! And we did this many nights in a row, including our trip to Knoxville in a different time zone AND sleeping in their pack and play! We have had maybe two or so regressions, back to feeding at 5, but I really think we are doing very, very well. And I am okay with this, because after all, they were three weeks early, so we are technically three weeks behind most babies. We are getting there!!


Our Schedule: Still the same. Am hoping that they will eventually sleep , sleep, sleep, sleep, sleep through the night.


Outing/Events: We made our first official road trip with the babes! We had to go to Knoxville for my Great Aunt Martha's 90th birthday party. We only stayed one day. The drive is about 2.5-3 hours, so it was a chore to keep on schedule. We basically fed them then left very soon after. They did well, overall, in the car. They slept about halfway, then wanted to get up, which was not the most pleasant of experiences. Josh, of course, was fine. He proceeded to stare and play with his hands for the next hour and a half, lol. Jules, however, fussed and cried a bit, etc, they rest of the way. Which I can understand. If I had to just stare at the back of a seat I would be frustrated too! Knoxville is in a different time zone than Nashville, so I was really worried about them sleeping. Also, because they have never slept long times in their pack and play. But, they did great! They slept through the night like little champs. I was so proud of them! They then went to the birthday party with us, and of course everyone loved them :)


Diet: Hmmmmm, I guess I am doing better??? I like working again, and eating like I am supposed to rather than pigging out all day. But, I'm not sure if its making much of a difference. I refuse to weigh myself yet. I did buy two bathing suits online this week. ONE PIECES. I haven't work a one piece in years and years. But, due to the stretch marks that are still there, I can't do a two piece yet. Plus, we still have "the pooch". but, I did buy two really cute ones by Jantzen (like the old pinup models), so they'll still be fabulous. I mean, I am SURE I will look just like this girl when I have it on, doncha think? If anything, buying bathing suits will make me even MORE motivated.



Milestones: I just love them at this age, and I know it will just keep getting better. They just smile and smile, and are starting to babble. I swear, they are just going to start talking any day! They are so cute and sweet. Jules LOVES being on her back and just loves to kick. She is such an active little booger. Josh loves to kick too, but not like her. And they are such morning babies. They love waking up in the morning and when you go get them out of their crib, they are all smiles. It just makes your heart hurt! Jules is now putting her fists in her mouth now, like Josh. I have read it doesn't really have to do like teething, or hunger, its just that they have discovered their hands and found a neat hole to put them in :) Josh is still drooling and spitting up like crazy. Poor thing has to wear a bib all the time. Josh is still rolling over, and Jules can roll onto her side from her back, but thats it. She hates to be on her tummy so much she hasn't mastered that yet. She just gets very mad and screams. They are also able to start grasping things like toys and rattles. They don't know what they are yet, lol, but they can grasp them!







1 comments:

  1. Love your swimsuit! I just bought a new one to.
    Syler spits up and drools like crazy to, he is always wearing a bib, my other kids didn't do that.
    Syler is like Jules and wont sleep when we are out of the house, he just gets so tired and cries and cries. He loves his bed!
    Your kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete