Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Nashville flooding

This past weekend my beautiful city flooded. Many landmarks were under water: Opryland Hotel, Grand Ole Opry, Schemerhorn Symphony, the Country Music Hall of Fame, LP Field (where the TN Titans play), and the Bridgestone Arena. It is very sad and very surreal. Thankfully, my family is dry and safe. Our old neighborhood where we used to live was not so lucky. All of the homes in that subdivision were underwater. Its crazy! I could not imagine what I would have done with two infants, two cats, a husband and nothing else. Yes, I know its all just stuff. But with babies, its important stuff. Nowhere to sleep, nothing to wear, no diapers, etc etc etc. I could not imagine. These poor poor people. I really wish I could volunteer to do something, but what two babies and working, how can I? I can donate money, and of course that is needed, but I wish I could do more. Maybe I can find someone to sit with them this weekend. I hate feeling helpless...Anyway, I wanted to share with you all how awful it really is. Again, sometimes I feel so blessed!! My babies will always remember that on the year they were born Nashville experienced something for the record books!


3 comments:

  1. So many surreal enents happening around the world. Airlilne flights cancelled in Europe because of volcanic eruption in Iceland...Maybe its Gods way of telling us who is in charge. Some humans are fearless.
    Why floods? Such beautiful babies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy you are safe and dry! Lots of PTs to the people of Nashville as they recover...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am glad to hear that your family is safe and dry. I am sorry about your old neighborhood. I can not imagine. I hope that it is as fast a recovery as possible given the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete