Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Its Consignment Time in TN!











Its that time of year here in middle Tennessee. Its consignment time. In the fall and spring, there are many...MANY children's consignment sales going on. It is utter craziness. And I do mean CRAZINESS. I had no idea. I don't think most people know the magnitude of some of these sales. I had not know they existed before I was pregnant. So, once I got pregnant, I decided to check a couple out. Ummmm...nope. I was so overwhelmed. I thought registering was bad enough, and that is nothing compared to consignment sales. However, once I had my kiddos, and knew about babies a little better, I decided to tackle the consignment thing again. And I must say, wow, its worth it. I have bought SO MANY great things. And now, I even buy things on a whim that I think I could "reconsign for a profit". I found a Baby Bjorn at a thrift store for $4! That thing can resell for at least $40! Yes, I have become that person. Which leads me to now.



I am, for the first time, going to consign my things in a sale. Yup. I am selling everything. (well, not everything, am keeping a few pieces, read below) But, I am selling most of it. I am not planning future kids at the moment. But I figure if it happens, we will cross that bridge, and I can always go buy more stuff at consignment!



So, at the moment, I am MILE HIGH in stuff. I cannot believe the amount of things these babies have accumulates in a mere 12 months. It is insane!! As of right now, I am in the mist of cleaning, tagging, hanging, and pricing. I really, really hope its worth it!



Things I am keeping:



their preemie onsies and sleepers (so, so teeny tiny, and reminders of those first weeks)

their take me home outfits (monogrammed gowns)

their first matchy-matchy outfits that they would wear on any outing their first months

sleeping gowns they wore until they were sleeping through the night (just couldn't bear to part)

outfits for any professional pictures we had done.



Thats it! If you want to look up some consignment sales in your area you can go here:



http://www.kidsconsignmentsales.com/

7 comments:

  1. I have to admit I haven't ever heard of these! I will go check out your link...I'm always on the lookout for a good deal =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE consignment!! There are two really big ones near me, and each different sale has 2 locations close to me so I could theoretically go to 4 sales a season! I don't though. Typically I do 1 or 2 depending on if I need something! Does yours do the 50% off day too? Thats the best... going and getting cloths already cheap for another 50% off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG those sales look way bigger than anything around here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh YES! The 50% off day is usually the only day I go, unless I am looking for something specific. We have two sales here that are VERY high end, and they will only accept name brands, and are VERY picky. You better believe I hit those sales up on 50% off day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just have to say I love your blog!! We "met" on IVillage when we were both pregnant with twins and our kiddos were due around the same time. Your little ones are just adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're getting ready to start in Knoxville too and I can't wait! You'll have to update us on how it went because I'm heavily leaning on getting Colton's stuff in the one in April up here. Heck, I may try to come hit the ones down there up too since I'm just a couple of hours away! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire you for your consignment skillz. I get so overwhelmed when I go!

    ReplyDelete