Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Our Favorite Things - 2 Years, 8 Months



I am just going to breeze right past the age in the title, because, let's be honest, I might just start bawling my eyes out because there is NO WAY they are that old. Impossible, mkay?

It's time for another Favorite Things post, since I haven't done one in forever!


Activites: Hmmm, what are their favorite things to do? Pretty much anything they want. Haha. They are hard to keep still, hard to keep content for long. They love their trains, dolls, cars, blocks and balls. They love building towers, cars, a sand castle and a school bus with their blocks. It's funny they all end up looking like a tall string of blocks though...hmmmm. Oh, to have the imagination of a two year old! They also love to just run, run, and more run. They have started playing MUCH more with one another, which makes my life easier (Haha, again, because let's be honest. They play together for about 60 seconds until I hear, "Ahhh" MAMA!!!" As someone has stolen a toy, hit their head, etc) They love the zoo, and love going for walks, and LOVE to go swimming!
Books: I was just telling Jake tonight how cyclical they are with their favorite books and what they want to read all.the.time. For a while it was Go Dog Go, and we had to read it absolutely every night. Then it was Good Night Gorilla, and we read that one every night. Now it is a Neighboorhood Numbers book by Baby Einstein. I'll say that we switch out book number 2, but there is always a dominant one. It's so funny. We have also named all the characters in Neighborhood Numbers, which is why I think they like it. It's like seeing their friends! There is Patches and Ralph, Joe and Moe the penguins, and Pinky and Stinky the mice.
Electronics: I think it's safe to add this category in here now, because my babes are super smart when it comes to computers. We bought the Leap Pads for them for Christmas (which I absolutely hate), but they didn't use them much. However, they LOVE our ipad, iphones, and their ipod touch. I will do a post later on our favorite games and apps, but they are so smart with them and  adore them.
Foods: We have gone into toddler hell here. I am really trying to still have some variety in what they eat, but they really love their chicken, french fries and and other "every toddler" food. But I sneak in some vegetables as much as I can. Now that they have started school, I have really liked packing good lunches for them. I know they probably don't eat all of it, but am hoping peer pressure changes that :) They are still a huge lover of any and all fruit. And hate chocolate, cake and ice cream. Weirdos.
Songs: Top of the list right now (again, songs are cyclical too) is Mockingbird. They want to hear it every night before bed. We rotate lots of other faves around. Lucky for the babes I am pretty musical (hehe) so our songlist includes everything from kiddie songs to showtunes, to The TN Waltz, Peter Paul and Mary, to Disney songs, to Christina Aguilara, to the really fun chorus music I sang in school. I also am really good (according to the babes) at making up songs too. Another random thing is that we sing the same three songs by request at night: Mockingbird, the Mickey Mouse song (um, not Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, the one with Annette. I'm really not 60 years old, I swear) and a song called Josh and Jules that I made up.

Toys: Jules' go-to things are her mouse lovey that she sleeps with and "Baby Foofa". They sleep with a big Foofa/Brobee pillow pet thing, but she loves her little pint size Foofa thats as big as her hand. Also, she is obsessed with her tacos (blankets) and takes them everywhere too. Also, she a huge fan of playing catch. (wanna play catch mama??) Josh has recently become attached to his Blankie, which he loves. Now, Josh, bless his heart, gets attached to the ODDEST of things. He might find some random object and become attached to it for days at a time: a keychain, a bracelet, a Napolean Dynamite pen, etc. It's so funny!
Shows: They pretty much love shows now, which probably isn't good. However, I will say that I have been amazed at how educational shows are nowadays. Josh's favorite show is UmiZoomi, which is awesome at math skills. SuperWhy is a wonderful show about reading, letters, and spelling. Dora (eh) of course introduces Spanish. Bubble Guppies they used to like, but it's taken a back step now. Jake and the Pirates just happens to be on during breakfast, so they sometimes watch that one. And of course, they still adore Yo Gabba Gabba and Mickey Mouse. My darling Jules, though is OBSESSED, I mean crazy obsessed with Fresh Beat Band. Holy Moly, if she could watch this show all day, every day, she would! They don't get to watch it that much, though, so it makes it special when they do. They still aren't into movies, and I'm not sure why. It's hard to understand!!




Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

0 comments:

Post a Comment