Monday, June 10, 2013

Potty training can suck it.

I'm honestly to my wit's end on potty training. I know there are so many moms out there facing much harder problems and decisions with their little ones, but I'm just having one of those really bad days that make me want to cry. I pull up to daycare so excited to see my babes and go find that all-to-familiar plastic bag with his underwear and shorts inside. 

I don't know what to do. I am honestly enraged at this point. He knows EXACTLY what to do. He is three and a half and is just selfish. He goes when he wants and if he's busy having fun or playing well so be it. He goes in his pants. Other times he goes and is proud of himself, etc. We missed our window with him. He should have potty trained at 2.5, definitely by 3, but for some reason we got around to doing it in April. He got in within two days, but has accidents REGULARLY. 

I know they tell you not to punish, etc but honestly I am so mad right now I did. It completely ruined my entire day to go and see that little bag there waiting on me with yet another note on needing an extra change of clothes. 

Suggestions, advice, prayers welcome. 

It was just one of those bad days... 

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had some advice, but I don't. :( My little guy is only 23 months old and he's my first, but I'm already panicked about potty training. Our friends all say their kids are already sitting on the potty and training, and my son has no interest at all. I wish I had advice! I'll be sending you positive thoughts. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Count to 3 (or 300):) Each child is different but for mine, I would just set a timer and take them every few minutes. At school, that's a lot harder:(
    My doctor also said "only positive" and to not make it negative but we certainly had some frustrating moments. And it's common for them to not want to stop playing to potty (even my 6 year old will do the potty dance for minutes and I have to fuss at him to go!) so hang in there.
    Also, treats worked wonders for us, we totally believe in bribery.
    I promise it will happen:)

    ReplyDelete