Monday, June 3, 2013

SOS, Weekend Roundup - It's finally summer!

This weekend, as most, seemed to go by like super fast. Friday night was one of those perfect summer days. The kids and I went over to a good high school friends house for a happy hour - kids included. I know, right? It's like we're kids and adults all at the same time. After that brought pizza on the deck with neighbors, friends, and their kids - great weather, great wine, the whole shebang.

Rainy Saturday came and what we though would be a fun pool day turned into Dance Party USA in the den - but those are fun too :)

Sunday the kiddos headed off to Grama's house while Jake and I had us a little date day. I somehow managed to convince him to see The Great Gatsby* with me, and then we went downtown for the Hall and Oates show at the Ryman. We saw them the last time they were here. As much as I love the Ryman, I also love to get up and dance at concerts, and every time I'm here, noone seems to want to do that.


*Oh my, so much to talk about with this movie!! First off, I'm a huge fan. Loved the book as a wee gal in high school. Add to that my minor obsession with Robert Redford and high society New York...well, I loved The Great Gatsby. So, I was uber exited when I hear about the remake and even moreso when Leonardo Dicaprio was starring along with Isla Fisher who is drop-dead perfection, and Baz Luhrmann directing (He of the Moulin Rouge fame- you know how I love Broadway Musicals, so I must heart him). Well....here we go. I liked it- I liked it pretty well. There were so many times when I though Leo WAS Robert Redford all the way to his forehead creases. I thought everything about it was beautiful, and it followed the story and the drama really well. And dare I say it, the Jay Z music fit! How is that possible?? I hate to say it but I'm not sure Baz was the one that needed to direct it. He is so colorful and sweeping and all that, but it can also come off as a little cartoony, which it did at times. And did you think that the guy that played Tom Buchanan reminded me a little too much on the actor that spit on Joey in the Friends episode where Chandler and Monica got married?? Just me? But, I did like it. It may be because I am in the midst of a Gossip Girl pandemonium and am currently in season 4, so right now high society New York is clearly my obsession. (sigh...I need to live there)

All in all, a good weekend in Casa De Stribs.

A pic of my and the babes before church on Sunday before we dropped them off..Happy Week!
(believe it or not, they are smiling with their eyes closed, le sigh)

On Moi: Dress: Romeo and Juliet Couture//Necklace: Stella and Dot (obsessed with it!)//Shoes: Jessica Simpson (hehe)//Purse: Gucci
On Jules: Dress and Pants: Matilda Jane//Shoes: Old Navy
On Josh: Shirt: HandM//Shorts: Polo//Shoes: Sperry Topsiders

p.s. my first time wearing a maxi. Finally found one that fit! At 5'1", it's hard, ya'll. However, still having to wear 3" wedges


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone is so cute, I adore the dress you're wearing. Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked the movie a lot too =) Love the friends reference and I can see your point. Love the pics with your babes, so cute!

    ReplyDelete