Saturday, October 11, 2014

A Little Princess No More

This post has been one of the hardest for me to write. But, there comes a time when I have to face the facts and admit it. My daughter is no longer princess-obsessed.

Last Christmas. And sigh... Yes, we're in matching jammies. 

There was a time when she would come home from school and immediately go her her dress-up station and pull out a princess dress and wear it the remainder of the day. She would nap in it. She would sleep in one every night. We would go to the grocery, run errands and do other things as a princess. We were a princess for Halloween. We went to Disney World last December. We had to pack a princess dress for the park, and an additional one for her to sleep in. We had a princess birthday party. That was all less than a year ago.

I'm not really sure when it happened. Gradually, I would guess. I remember finally getting her a coveted Elsa dress for Easter and she really didn't want to wear it. Huh??!!

As I look back at Christmas pictures from last year, she is in a princess dress in almost every one. Seriously. 

This phase, like many others will fly by in the blink of an eye. Some I prefer to move quickly (like the fits and sleeping through the night) but this one saddens me. It's kind of a wrench in my stomach. There is just something so magical about a little girl dressed up like a princess. 

She still loves princesses, and Aurora is still her favorite (she even decided to be Anna for Halloween whew!) but the dress up phase is definitely behind us. It makes me a sad mama. These moments are just so fleeting and get replaced with other things the older they get. 

But regardless of the dresses she wears, my little Jules will always be my little princess forever and always. 



At Disney

Hanging out at the house

Bedtime

Hanging out

Naptime :)

Playing outside

Halloween 

Last Christmas with Aunt Essie 

1 comments:

  1. I have one too! And she has trained her little Princess well....

    ReplyDelete