Sunday, August 9, 2009

14 Weeks - update on me!


14 Weeks! (well, actually, almost 15, but I have neglected posting in a while - sorry about that!) I know I say this at every post, but I can't believe this is going so fast. And on the flip side, I CANNOT wait to meet this sweet little baby girl and baby boy. Jake and I are finally now to the point where we are so excited. I have since been obsessed with naming these little ones, as well as bombarding him with nursery ideas. He wants none of that and assures me we have plenty of time. But I can't help it. I am so excited. I can't wait until they have names. I have already been talking to them like they are in front of me, and it would be nice to know who I am talking to
:)





How far along? 14 Weeks, 6 days
Total weight gain/loss: WooHoo! Still doing good. 6.5 pounds so far, as of our OB appointment on Thursday, August 6th. Although, I am still not certain on what pace I am supposed to be gaining said weight. They say that the 2nd trimester in when you start packing on the pounds, because the babies are starting to weigh more and all the mess around them is too. If I am supposed to gain 45-50 pounds, I just hope they all don't surprise me at once.
Maternity clothes? I bought my very first maternity piece of clothing - a pair of jeans from Old Navy. I really can't fit into anything else with a waistband, so I have been mostly wearing dresses, which have been great to wear during the summer.
Sleep: Still can't sleep very well. I cannot get comfortable. Poor Jake. I toss and turn most of the night, then will get up and go in the bonus room. I am trying so hard to sleep on my left side, but most of the time wake up on my back. I did get about 3 nights of really good sleep this week, so maybe it's looking up. Although, I go back out into the field tomorrow (Monday) so sleep will be important now!
Best moment this week: Getting to go to Vanderbilt Imaging. While we though they were just going to do a complete sonogram of my yucky, HUGE ovaries, they ended up measuring everything on the babies!! It was so fun, and very unexpected. We saw and measured the kidneys, spleen, abdomen, spine, leg bones, arm bones, brain, etc. They are measuring a little ahead of schedule and growing so fast. They are weighing about 4oz. each. They were kicking into each other's sacs as well, and I was like, "Good grief, they are already fighting"
Movement: None yet!
Food cravings: Still nothing weird, just alot of my normal foods. Love the spicy foods, and love to finish it off with "a little something sweet"
Gender: Last week, it was also a great surprise when we were able to see their "parts". Girl and Boy!!! So, we ended up finding out very soon. Most find out at 20 weeks, so I am very happy!
Labor Signs: This is just a scary question.
Belly Button in or out? Uggggg....I am going to be an outy mamma. It is closer and closer to getting there.
What I miss: Sleep...but I don't care!
What I am looking forward to: Naming our babies and start the nesting process!
Milestones: I am "officially" out of the scary first trimester!
Realization of the week: How completely blessed and lucky we are. I was at our favorite little sushi place here in Brentwood, and the waitress was asking me what we're having, etc. And I told her, and she said, "Oh, WOW! You have hit the jackpot!". And I was thinking, "You know what? We certainly have!"


2 comments:

  1. Lovely u/s pictures!! And your belly is looking good too!!

    I was paranoid about the sleeping stuff too -- I've finally got a comfortable position going -- one king size pillow for my head, one behind my back that I lay partially on, one folded between my knees, and then a pregnancy wedge pillow under my belly! The one on my back makes me feel better for when I wake up on my back, because I'm still on an incline instead of laying flat!

    I'm so excited to hear what names you guys pick out! Will you share or keep it a secret?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Probably share it. It annoys me when people keep it a secret. Like the whole world is really dying to know. Who really cares, LOL?

    ReplyDelete