Wednesday, August 19, 2009

16 weeks - update on me!

shirt down and shirt up


Woohoo! 16 weeks! Flying by, I tell you. Football season isAdd Image right around the corner, and my big belly is going to look fabulous in orange. A beautiful pumpkin, I bet. We just got back from a trip to Las Vegas and I did well I think for a preggo. I got to eat a bunch, and hung out at the pool, and if I was gambling, noone smoked at my table, so all was good! These babies are very well traveled. They have been to Atlanta, New York, Hilton Head, and Las Vegas so far. Wow! Now, this is either really great to get to travel before the babies get here and our life will change in an instant, or really sad as we have gone on so many trips. We need to get in saving money mode pronto.

How far along? 16 weeks, 3 days (will post a new belly pic soon)
Total weight gain/loss: Still doing really well, maybe even too well. I have only gained half a pound since my visit two weeks ago, putting my total weight gain at 6 or 7 pounds. That made me promptly go to the nearest Jack in the Box for a chicken biscuit. (They serve breakfast all day!) However, according to this post, I should expect a growth spurt, which will probably mean on the outside as well as the inside, LOL.
Maternity clothes? Nope, none since my jeans I bought at 14 weeks. Best moment this week: only going up half a pound since two weeks ago, and that INCLUDES all my Vegas eating!
Movement: I "think" I am starting to feel flutters. I don't know for sure since this is the only pregnancy I have ever had, but I am thinking thats what it is.
Food cravings: Again, nothing too weird. Love me some chicken biscuits though. I think the only real thing I am supposed to focus on is my protein intake and water intake. I am "supposed to get around 80 grams of protein a day, which is crazy hard.
Gender: Still a boy and a girl! No extra parts in there!
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? I am destined to be an outy girl. Its half way out and shows through my clothes already. *sigh*, and I am only 16 weeks!
What I miss: The no drinking is Vegas was hard, but only for the first day. then I got used to it and didn't care.
What I am looking forward to: I am buying a crib off Craigslist tomorrow. It is a Bratt Decor, which I have been looking for even before I was pregnant. They are really nice and expensive and what all the celebs buy (LOL) I am getting a STEAL on this one, and I figure I have plenty of time to find another one as a deal. There is no way I could especially buy two at normal price, so Craigslist is the way to go.
Milestones: Getting closer and closer to 20 weeks, then I'll stop freaking out. Am still in "scared mode". Trust me, this is a big risk-taking venture for me to buy a crib already.
Realization of the week: That I am pregnant!! Really, for reals, pregnant! We are REALLY going to have kids in a few months. Seriously???



0 comments:

Post a Comment