Wednesday, September 16, 2009

20 Weeks - update on me!!!



We have passed the 20-week mark!! Yea! For some reason, this is a big milestone for me. It feels like I am really pregnant and everything will be ok. (Of course, now that I am used to feeling the babies, especially the girl, I had a minor freak out this week when I didn't feel her all day - I was going to fake something to go to my doctor to get a quick u/s. Luckily, she finally moved late at night - whew! Why do they cause us such stress??)


The baby showers are staring to get planned, which is exciting. One will be family and girlfriends on October 24th, and the other will be a couples on November 6th. Football season is really hard to plan anything around, so we only have limited dates. October 24th is the Alabama away game, and Nov. 6th is the Memphis game, which we may/may not go to. Speaking of football, tailgating has started and so far, so good!! The drinking doesn't bother me, as I have an ample amount of junk food to ingest instead, LOL. The heat was awful the first game, so hopefully it will start to cool off a bit. I am going to go to as many games as I can. I am thinking I can make it to November - but we'll see!



My sister Ginny's wedding is this Saturday. Hopefully the rain will stay away! If not, though, everyone can just take shelter underneath my bridesmaid dress, as I am pretty sure 100 people can easily get under there. I will post pictures next week!


How far along? 20 weeks, 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: I haven't weighed in a few days, but I gained like 5 pounds in a week, which I have already been worried about. My weight is still low for where I am supposed to be, but I think I am still on track, and am still happy with what I see in the mirror every day. I am terrified I will wake up one morning and be 1,000 pounds. My next weight milestone for twins, is 24/24. Gain 24 pounds by your 24th week. So, I am doing really good on that. I think I have gained like 14-15 pounds.
Maternity clothes? Still nothing but my jeans! These flowy dresses, tops, and my super Bella Band have been doing awesome. However, I did get a Pea in the Pod gift card from Jake and his sister, Jennifer, for my birthday that I am really excited to use. WooHoo!
Best moment this week: Being past 20 weeks!! Yea!! And finally feeling the baby girl move after my freak out.
Movement: yeah, it pretty good now. I can't feel the boy very much because of the location of his placenta, but I can feel the girl alot. Usually, however, its mostly when I am really hungry, really full, or really have to pee that she decides to say hello.
Waist Diameter: I decided to add this one for funsies. Right now it's at 39 inches. LOL!!
Food cravings: Still loving chicken biscuits, spicy food and anything sweet. Basically anything you put in front of me.
Gender: Still a boy and a girl! No extra parts in there!
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? Its still a halfy, but I don't think its as bad as it was...
What I miss: Sleeping on my back. I bought a new pillow, an Utterly Yours pregnancy pillow. Its supposed to support your back, stomach, and force you to sleep in your left side. Do you know how hard it is to stay sleeping on the same side all night! My hips kill me! So, the Utterly Yours usually gets thrown in the floor in the middle of the night.
What I am looking forward to: I don't go back to the doctor until 24 weeks, so I am looking forward to that. And getting my bedding fabric finalized!! I don't know what has possessed me to do this. Do you know how expensive fabric is for TWO cribs?? Jeez!! Oh, and feeling the babies start to kick!
Milestones: I have hit 20 weeks, so that is HUGE!! Now, I guess the one is what the earliest I can be to deliver and the babies be "ok". I am thinking 26 weeks maybe?? Sure, they'll be in ICU for a while, but at least its possible. Just think, if I had triplets or quads, I could be delivering in just a few weeks - yikes!!
Realization of the week: YAY!!! This is going to happen!!!!!



1 comments:

  1. Just so you know --- I love the sounds of "Jack and Josie" as siblings names :)

    ReplyDelete