Wednesday, September 30, 2009

22 Weeks - Update on Me!




22 Weeks!! This is absolutely incredible how fast this is all going. But, also, I cannot wait to meet these little things! As you know, in the past two weeks we have worked on the nursery. Which I love. I love,love to decorate, so to get to do it from a blank canvas is just fabulous. And I FINALLY finalized the bedding details - yay! I just need to buy a couple more things, then I can take it to get all sewn. Its still a work in progress though. I actually found some really neat ideas for the dresser and nightstand from Art for Kids (beautiful and soooooo expensive, but I can copycat, right?) I can't wait to see it when it's finished. I know I'm crazy for obsessing this much, but I can't help it. I also cleaned out every kitchen drawer last week too. Hmm, wonder if that nesting instinct is kicking in?




Jake and I bit the bullet and registered at our very first store last night - Target. I thought it best to start small, since they only have a few aisles of baby things, then tackle the big stores. Even with all the advice I have received about what things are "must-haves", "can't live withouts", and "don't-bother-withs", I can honestly say I left there in near tears. I was FREAKING OUT. What are we going to do? I didn't know what half that stuff was. All it did was make my stomach turn in knots. I have been all excited and thought how much fun this is going to be, but we are having BABIES - not BABY. Seriously...pray for us! Help us get to Babies R Us in one piece!!


How far along? 22 weeks, 3 days
Total weight gain/loss: I haven't weighed myself in a while. I'm kind of scared to. I still look ok (at least in my mind, I do). But I am kind of worried. My doctor's appt in next week, and I am supposed be close to the 24 pound mark...we shall see...
Maternity clothes? I used my Pea in the Pod gift certificate this weekend, and used it on some very expensive Citizens of Humanity jeans. I know, really stupid, right? But everyone keeps telling me how fat and ugly you're going to feel and to get something that you think makes you feel pretty. So, thats what I did. Is it bad that these jeans cost way more than any other jeans in my closet? Probably. And to make it worse, they have them sized like normal jeans, by WAIST SIZE! So, I'm like, "Um, I am assuming this is your pre-pregnancy waist size?" I mean, how cruel!
Best moment this week: Jake got to feel the little girl kick last night. Finally. He is usually asleep by the time they start, and he usually misses it. It was awesome.
Movement: As from the earlier post, they are kicking now! And really, only at night when I am lying on my side really to go to sleep. So, I end up just lying there awake just feeling them move around. So cool.
Waist Diameter: 40.5 inches. Seriously. And I still have a long way to go.
Food cravings: Nothing new this week.
Gender: Still a boy and a girl!
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? Its still halfway, so its not so bad. I think it just popped so early, and looked HUGE, and finally my belly has caught up. However, I still have to wear my Bella Band over it if I wear anything slinky or cotton. That belly button sure does like to pop out and say hello to everyone.
What I miss: Summer! It has turned to fall here really quickly. So, its freezing in the morning and at night, but mid to upper 70's in the day. Crazy! I am really going to miss my flowy dresses. I may have to start actually buying maternity clothes!
What I am looking forward to: My doctor's appointment on Wednesday, Oct 7th. I miss seeing them. And getting the nursery near finished! It's going to be beautiful. I guess I should also say that I'm looking forward to registering at the next two places, but that would be a bald faced lie.
Milestones: They are kicking! And that is the most surreal thing ever. And I love, love, that Jake can feel it too.
Realization of the week: We need to seriously learn what a baby is and how to take care of it :)

2 comments:

  1. One of the best books I've ever read/flipped through was "Baby Bargains" by Denise & Alan Fields. They have a section at the back especially for multiples and the book is riddled throughout with tips for MOMs as well. It REALLY helped us in our decisions and not to stress too much when we registered. All that said, I think registering and picking out items that you're choosing for YOUR baby(ies) is stressful no matter what. It sees as though each decision is extremely important, even though in the end, most won't be a make it or break it decision. Good luck at your next two stores!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd also suggest taking Babies R Us in a couple trips - or research most of what you want online and then just test out what you're thinking in the stores (i.e. strollers, etc)

    I've edited my registry online so much over the last couple of months - it's a never ending process!

    ReplyDelete