Monday, June 24, 2013

Heading Outdoors



We are so lucky to live in such a fabulous city that has so much green space and outdoor fun. You can head on to the Natchez Trace and hike, rent a canoe at Tip-a-Canoe, or, if you are like me...just sit outside and have an adult beverage, grill some steaks and cook s'mores by the fire.

Yes, oh yes, that is much more my idea of "being in the outdoors".  Growing up, my family came close to venturing down that path to camping. My dad bought an actual pop up trailer. It sat in my driveway for many many years. We even took it out a couple of times and did the "camping thing". I was in elementary school so don't remember too much about it. I remember alot of rain, and learned quickly that it just wasn't my thing. We ended up putting the camper in our backyard and me and my friends would just sleep in my backyard. That was way more fun.

link
Its easy when you live around here to make some awesome memories with the outdoors.  We have been catching fireflies (or lightning bugs). This is the first summer living in our new neighborhood and I've got to say that I LOVE our lightning bugs! They are everywhere! Not sure if its the new area we live in, or if I'm now seeing them all from the eyes of a three year old, but they are out in abundance and my kiddos love them. It's so sweet to go through these summertime outdoor traditions with my kids.

link


It's just something about living in the south I think. Fires, lakes, and s'mores are a staple. But before you head that way, please stop at Krogers and get all your essentials! Bug spray:check. Citronella candles: check. Firestartes and charcoal: check. Adult beverage: check. S'mores staples? check.

Go ahead and build your shopping list using your mobile app, check out this week's promotions and you're all set!

This week, take advantage of the Buy 10, save $5 Mix and Match deals.



Don't forget the digital coupon for 2X Fuel Points & make your time & money go farther this Summer and go enjoy the outdoors!

And also, I am drawing on Wednesday for the $50 Kroger gift card! Go here to enter.

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective, and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

3 comments:

  1. Content published really excellent Appreciate your published text Thank you for discussing I will always pay interest to your posts

    ReplyDelete