Friday, July 13, 2012

Raindrops are Falling...

I am a singer, so to speak. Music is a big part of my life, and also my babies'. We sing ALL the time. Our naptime/bedtime routine is two books, one snuggle song (one song while we rock/snuggle) then two songs once they are in their crib. We also sing a lot during the day too, of course. That's being said, I am always teaching them new songs.

Two of our raining songs we sing are "Raindrops keep falling on my head" and "It's raining it's pouring, the old man is snoring". They love them, and especially love to sing them when it's raining. (They also love to sing "Raindrops keep falling on my head" at bedtime because they get head tickles too)

They love the rain. They love jumping in puddles and love singing their rain songs and love, LOVE umbrellas, especially Josh. Don't really know what that's about but he is obsessed with umbrellas.

This week, since it's been raining so much we have had to get out my umbrella to use. And, for those that have toddler twins, I have been pretty perplexed on how to deal with toddlers, my purse, an umbrella, etc while raining.

Do I leave one toddler in the car while I carry the other one while holding the umbrella? Can't really do that unless we are at home only. Do I hold one and let the other one walk? Then who holds the umbrella? We are still all getting wet in this scenario. (I realize you normal moms probably don't think about stuff like this, but I do!) So, I do the only reasonable thing I can think of: Teach the babies to hold the umbrella TOGETHER, while I sacrifice myself to the rain.

Worth it, don't you think?



Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

3 comments: