Wednesday, July 11, 2012

The Post That Makes Me Bawl My Eyes Out

Every once in a while a post come along  by a fellow mommy blogger that puts into words everything you think, thought, and will think.  This post rocked me to my core, (and it obviously did to every other mom out there too, because her server shut down!) Its very hard to stay in the present with my kids, even though I know how important it is. I constantly look backwards and forwards to who they were and how fast it's gone, to where they are going. I feel guilty lately for putting on videos instead of talking to them. I feel guilty getting frustrated with them because let's be honest, they are two and toddlers and crazy and there are two of them  and OMG and I feel a little outnumbered at times.

And it's ok. We have all been there.

I get really sad at times when I can't remember things and it gets me all teary eyed. Maybe it's because I'm probably not having any more "babies", and now I have kiddos. I don't know. Other moms of twins told me it would happen, even though I didn't think it would. I remember so much of when they were little babies. And I remember a lot of when they were 1-2, but then I come across pictures like this:


And I can't remember ever using this thing, even though it was a part of our daily life for months and months. Did my babies really take a bath in the sink?? I digress..

I take a ton of pictures of them. Some people say too many, and they're probably right. But can you ever take too many pictures of your babies when they grow up at lightening speed right in front of you? And then I realized that I haven't been taking many pictures or videos of them this summer, and it makes me sad. (must get back on that)

I urge you all to read Baby Rabies' post. It is one of the most beautiful eloquent posts I have ever read. It's something that I could have written myself, and should have. Parenting is really, really hard. Freaking hard. It is the hardest thing I have ever done in my life. And, also, the most rewarding, proud, amazing, fabulous, blow-your-mind miraculous thing I have ever done in my life.  It's just awesome.

Thank you, Jill,  for making us all proud to have the best job in the world.

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

4 comments:

  1. Hey! Thank you so much for the kind words and the link. Hang in there, momma. We all feel like we're drinking from a fire hose most days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... i read that post and i was tearing up! I would have been bawling but I was at work. They grow up so darn fast and i'd so love to find the pause button. Like you said sooo hard but so rewarding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remembering where we all started this journey it boggles my mind and makes me teary eyed that most of us have made it to the other side =) You're a great mama and don't forget it!

    ReplyDelete