Friday, March 2, 2012

Flashback Friday - Not Remembering

I haven't done a Flashback Friday in a while, and since I have a few minutes, I thought I would do one. I started looking back though my Picasa web albums looking through some old pictures of the babies. It honestly makes my breath stop because this entire journey has gone so very fast. And they are only two! I can't imagine them being 5 or 6.

So, I was looking back though all of these pictures and it just makes me sad. I might be alone here, but I don't remember most of anything. It devastates me! I remember them being little, and when they crawled, sat up, etc. But I don't really "remember it", ya know? I don't remember how they crawled, and what I felt, and how they smiled, and had baby giggles. I just can't remember it. It has just gone too fast. I am very thankful for all the pictures and the videos I took. I especially love all my videos. I can at least go back then through them. Looking at pictures isn't enough, because they are just pictures. I don't remember alot looking at them. I may be so weird here, and maybe it's because I have twins. I don't know. But, I guess that's why most people decide to have other babies, no? Because they want to relive it all again because they can't remember it much. It makes me sad to know I don't remember my babies at 6 months old, but I love my babies at 2 years old. They are fabulous, and every stage is just getting better and better.

But wow, it has just gone so fast that its hard to stop and remember that exact moment when I fed them cereal for the first time. I don't remember what it felt like to hold such tiny babies. I don't remember what it was like carrying them around in my Baby Bjorn. I don't remember dressing them in onesies every day and thinking THAT was a hard. I don't remmeber Jules and Josh having reflux. While I remember Jules puking all the time, I don't remember much about it.  I have pictures, of course, but it's not the same. Man, I feel blue now :(  Sigh...makes me love, love, love that I kept this blog up and running.

They look like little furry penguins here.

Jules in her infant bathtub. I don't remember ever using this! (ok, not really, but kinda)

These were his first "shoes" he ever wore. Little sweet slip ons from Janie and Jack

Me and Jules. Man, she was so delicate and little. But, I guess she still is, lol

This was July 4th at a friend's party. Jake and I were both sporting the Baby Bjorns

Baby legs - they were HUGE on them here. Now, Jules sometimes wears them as leggings with her dresses.

Baby legs here too. Look how huge they were! And teh babes would just fall all over each other, lol
don't forget to vote!
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

Linking up with Jen for Flashback Friday!

4 comments:

  1. I completely relate. It goes too fast, especially with twins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, the time goes so fast! I love your flashbacks, it's fun to see the glimmer of their toddler faces in their little baby faces =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so sad how fast they grow. I too cherish the videos, they really bring you back to the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same exact way. Mine are Seven now, but it doesn't seem like they should be. The thing I miss most about them being two is the way they loved each other so much. Now their days are spent fighting most of the time....they do have good days, but not like when they were young. (Mine are boy and girl too) I have an 18 month old now too and she is SO much harder to take care of than my the twins were. It's nice that they've had a buddy their ENTIRE LIFE!!! Your kids are such cuties!!!

    ReplyDelete