Thursday, March 1, 2012

The Eleven.

This has been making its way around the bloggy blogs, and I was lucky enough to get tagged by Amy at A Good Life, so I am uber excited to play along. Yippsies.

Here are the rules:
1. post these rules.


2. post a photo of yourself & 11 random facts about you.


3. answer the questions given to you in the tagger's post.


4. create 11 new questions & tag new people to answer them.


5. go to their blog/twitter & let them know they've been tagged.

So, here are my random facts about myself. (in no particular order)




1. If I have my choice in public bathrooms, I usually use stall #2. I have no idea why. It's just a thing. The first one is too close, and there is no need to walk all the way down to the others. I am so weird, I know.

2. My biggest pet peeve in when you are in parking lots and you are waiting on a space, and they turn towards where I am waiting. Drives me crazy. Turn the other way, yo.

3. I don't like to shop. Crazy, isn't it? Thats why no one is happier than me that the Internet exists for such things. I have a gigantic selection and can pick what I want without having to walk through several stores to not find a thing.

4. I clearly am a lover of chicken sandwiches. I really didn't notice it much until my mom started pointing it out. I ate them (and chicken biscuits) alot while pregnant. However, I have noticed that whenever I go out to eat, that is usually the choice I make. Weird!

5. I am the middle sister of three girls. And we are as different as could possibly be.

6. I had a pot bellied pig for about a week my senior year of high school. ( I loooved them  - still do) but we had to give it back to the farm, b/c my dad pretty much freaked. However, I stopped eating pork and haven't since. Her name was Mrs. Oscar Meyer, lol.

7. I was a broadcasting major in college and my entire life I wanted to be a news anchor. Then while interning, decided I hated local news, and hated the stupid local angles stations put on national stories. (Oh, there was a Tsunami in Japan? Let's go interview Joe, who lives down the road, who vacationed there in 1975.) So, then I became OBSESSED with the political process in college, like all those crazy college kids and changed my major my senior year to Political Science. Now, I am so jaded by politics now too, and think they are all evil-doers.

8. Over the years, my celebrity crushes have come and gone but one remains - Mark-Paul Gosselaar. LOVE him, love him. He is my forever crush. Also, I loved Jason Minor (from the Mickey Mouse Club, lol) and Chris O'Donnell. I once SWORE I saw Jason Minor (I am well aware not a one of you probably knows who in hadey I am talking about) at a car repair shop I was at here in town. I wanted to ask him soooo terribly bad. After all, who (besides me) would  ever recognize this guy all these years later? Well, I didn't talk to him, but immediately googled him when I got home. And yep, he lives in Brentwood as a financial advisor. Seriously. He was FAMOUS at one time. I would have made his year had I said anything to him.

9. We probably aren't having any more babies. Aside from the infertility stuff and not wanting to go through all that again, I just don't honestly think I could do it. Having two toddlers running around is one thing. Adding the up-all-night newborn phase is something I don't want to experience. Then add to that how I have one perfect girl and one perfect boy, and I don't want to press my luck, ya know? Then add to that that each stage has been so awesome! Then add to that the rides at Disney would be all off since we would be a family of 5 then. It's not off the table, but it's leaning that way.

10. Someone was shot at my high school a few years ago and it was also all over the national news. It made me sad then and also now thinking about Ohio. I hate that my alma mater has changed so much. Its getting better since then though, which is good.

11. I can't wait for my babes to start watching movies. Crazy isn't it? Who would wish that? Their attention span is a 30min show right now, but I have tons of Disney movies I CAN'T wait for them to start watching. I hear moms talk about Cars, Tangled, Nemo, etc. And I am jealous, lol! I am crazy. But, I love Disney too :)


Okay, so how was that for random???? Now, here are Amy's questions for moi:
1. what is one thing your working on to change/better about yourself? Being consistently healthy. I have my spurts and OMG if I had the time I would be! I would love to work out 3 times a week, but it just doesn't happen that way. I am lucky to get out once. I had high hopes of doing another half marathon this year, but there is just no way I could train for 1-2 hours a day.


2. what is your dream car? I am not a car person. I never have been. I dunno. I guess because you go through that "OH WOW this car is AWESOME!!" Then three years later you think its a crappy piece of tin.

3. if you could have one talent you don't already have, what would it be? I wish I were better at photography. I love it, but I think you have to have an artists' mind and eye, and I certainly don't have that. I was a performer, and a math nerd. An artist I am not. But, photography is my goal. I am working on it.

4. what is your favorite part of the day? When I come home from work. I get home right when they are having their post nap snack and they are so very happy to see me :)

5. what is your favorite day of the week? Friday.

6. what did you want to be when you were a little kid? An actress or singer, lol. Didn't everyone practice their autographs all the time for when they became famous?

7. what's your favorite physical feature about yourself? My boobs and lips. Weird, I know. But I have great lips, and my boobs are perfect. They fit my frame nicely :) And I have had friends that are too big/too small and it really messes with your self-esteem if you are a woman. So, I am lucky in that sense.

8. what would you love your kids/future kids to grow up to be professionally some day? Famous?? Ha, Ha. Honestly I have no idea. I did one of those psychic things when we were TTC and Ruby told you if you were going to have kids, and what they would grow up to become. She said I would have a daughter and she would be a teacher, and that I would also have a son and he would be in banking. I dunno. I want so much more for them, ya know?

9. what is a pet peeve of yours? I listed a big one up top. Another one is poor customer service for no reason. A prime example: I was in Ann Taylor this weekend and bought a skirt on sale for $29.99. I took it up to the register and she rang it up at $39. I told her it was on sale, and she said it wasn't. I asked "are you sure?". She said yes. Didn't bother checking, Didn't do a thing. So, of course, After I paid, I went and looked and it was on sale, and I had to stand back in line, do a return and re-purchase for her not taking 2 seconds to go see. That crap makes my blood boil.

10. what would your husband/significant other/best friend say is their favorite thing about you? Probably my silliness. I am a funny, quite silly person in general and love to laugh.

11. what is your dream vacation? Hmmm. This one varies. My dream destination of all time has been Paris, but as you can see, its wasn't all that. However, I love busy cities and love exploring and seeing sights, and I love a beach resort. So, I guess it depends.

Okay, So I am tagging Angela, Mandy, Blair, and Christi
 
And here are my questions:
 
1. What is your favorite guilty pleasure food?
2. What is your biggest (or just one) regret in life?
3. What is your favorite hobby?
4. What is your most favorite piece of clothing and why?
5. What game show would you most love to be on and why?
6. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
7. Name one thing you would want to change in your life right now. (that you haven't already blogged about)
8. What is your favorite thing about each child?
9. What would you love your kids/future kids to grow up to be professionally some day? ( I liked this question)
10. What does your family do at night for dinner? (cook, take out, etc?)
11. Name a great random memory.


Don't forget the vote!

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

7 comments:

  1. Wow, I'm not sure I know another person who loves her boobs! Good for you!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lauren

    LOL! I know its sad, but there's just not really another things I totally love. Plus, in my 30ish years I have had four women I know get implants and two get reductions. Lucky for me, both of those things have never crossed my mind!

    And then I always felt so sorry for my friends in high school and college who were SO insecure about there small ones. So, again, I like em! And they fed two babies for a year too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this! Did you eat chicken last night? I think you did, right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @The Niemeyer Nest

    Ha! Yes I did! I didn't even think about that! See? I am crazy and order chicken subconsciously! That is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even post-pregnancy? And post-breastfeeding? Cause mine are NOT the same...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chicken is my go to food too! :) Love this post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. loved reading this & getting to know you better! you are so funny & yes, very random :)

    i'm with you on hating politics... completely agree it is so messed up & i hate hearing everyone's spin on things to make it to their advantage. blech.

    ReplyDelete