Thursday, March 22, 2012

Baby Einsteins

I wish I could take credit for my babes' brains. Yes, I know they are half me and half Jake, so I guess I could take some credit. But, I honestly have no idea where both of my babies have received such smarts.

Sure, Jake is smart, and I am smart too, but man...these babies constantly amaze me. Seriously! When people see then they praise ME and if I have anything to do it. Ummm. no.

I am not sure if its normal or not, but because this is essentially my baby book for them, here is what they are doing at 2 years and sigh...two month:

They can both count well. Jules can count all the way up to 20, and Josh can for sure do up to ten, sometimes more. They started learning it going up and down the stairs. And I honestly count with them all the time (can you take three more bites of pasta? Can you go get Mommy two books?, etc) They are learning also to count using their fingers, and it's super cute. Jules especially looks like a Star Trek fan when she tries.

They know all of their letters. ALL of them. It's so nuts. And they can mostly sing the ABC song, and it's their favorite. They so far only knew capital letters, but the past couple of weeks they have been learning lower cases, and they know them pretty good too. We have worked a bit on this. We do ABC's every day, and in the car we do them. We also make it a game using our foam tiles in the playroom. I say "go find E!" and they both scamper to the E. So cute. This week, my nanny decided to start working on them with knowing words and what letter they start with. Jake's sister got them easels from Ikea, So she has been writing the letter, the word, and drawing a picture. They LOVE it. We are only in the beginnings, but they can tell you "what word begins with A - apple!", "What word begins with B - ball!" - We have made in to E so far. (E is Baby Emma, lol!)

They know all their colors. Most, anyway. When they color and ask for a certain color to color with, and you try and trick them because you can't find that color, um, that just simply won't do.

They know songs! This one is crazy too. They can now sing along with me when I sing to them. They don't know all the words, but it honestly shocked the crap out of me when they start to sing. The other day I was singing Santa Claus and all of a sudden they pop in with "Santa Claus is Coming to town!!"*

They are just little people, which is freaking me out. They love going to the pantry and getting "snack" - and they will do it over and over again, and go themselves and pick stuff out that they want. You can ask them questions about what they want to do, or what they want to eat, and they'll tell me! Crazy! Jules loves picking out her outfit every day (and, ahem, Josh's) - Josh wants to pick out his shoes, every. day. They want to help me cook every night.

*aside to this story - over Christmas, for some reason the three of us got attached to three songs: Rudolph, Frosty, and Santa Claus. really not any others. It became a game to when I would start singing one, they would immediately giggle and demand one of the other three. We did this over the holidays constantly. It was too funny. I would barely get 5-6 words in on a song and they would jump up and down and yell out to start the other. So, some of those songs still linger still, which is super sweet. They love those three songs :)


Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

4 comments:

  1. I don't think it's normal, but Noah does all that stuff too! Knew all 11 main colours at 18 months. Knew all his capital letters at 20 months, and all his lower case letters too by a month later. He also knows the SOUND that every letter makes, and knew that by 21 months. He is also singing the real words to songs, and he can pretty much reliably count to twenty (isn't it weird to hear such a young child go "Twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen..."???). He can also read several words, and can do that "A is for ___, b is for___" thing too!

    So yes, my kid does all that stuff too. And no, I don't think it's normal (well, I know it's not). So obviously our children are geniuses:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, it sounds like you have two smarties on your hands! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go, Baby Striblings! :-)

    ReplyDelete