Sunday, October 11, 2009

Swatch Hell

Let me tell you why I am the very last person that should try to design her own baby bedding. I am anal, I love to decorate, I can get obsessed, and I am a perfectionist. (however, these exact reasons are why I could not find anything in the stores that I liked)

Therefore, I have been making myself crazy for the last couple of months trying to make decisions. The good news is that it is finally done. The fabric was put in the hands on my dear friend's mother last weekend. So, regardless if it is the most perfect bedding ever, I have to let it go. Whew!!

I cannot tell you the number of times I have been to Joanns fabrics. I cannot tell you the amount of times I have been to Hancock Fabrics, Hobby Lobby, Textile Fabric Store, the Fabric House, Calico Corner, and Fabric Gallery. I also cannot tell you the amount of samples I have ordered online, aside from afore mentioned fabric stores. I have become a crazy person (if I wasn't already).

So, like I said, bedding is done. It will be fabulous, I just know it. Both bed sets are ivory with satins and cottons. The only thing blue/pink is the tiny bumper ruffle. The girl's is pink and the boy's blue. And of course, the bumpers will be monogrammed :) Luckily, we have initials, even though we have no names yet.

I have attached some pictures of the swatches I have left. Many of them I threw away once I eliminated them from the bedding decision. One stack is of ivories (YES!! JUST IVORIES! - any idea how many different shades are out there??) and the other is of different shades of blue and pink. And again, I have already told you that the only blue and pink is the ruffle, and yet I have a gazillion different shades of that too.

I am sooooo glad this decision has been made. Trust me.


ivories and creams


blues and pinks

1 comments:

  1. I COMPLETELY understand not being able to find just the right fabric!! I had many sleepless nights trying to figure out what I was going to do about Olive's bedding since I couldn't find EXACTLY what I wanted... it was a long process. I finally got to the point where I settled on something I just sort of liked and went with it. I ended up LOVING how it turned out though ;-) I hope you do too! :) Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete