Tuesday, May 3, 2011

15 Months - Update on the Babes

15 Months old!! (twins much?)



These sweet sweet babes!! They make me laugh and crack me up on a daily basis. They are SO smart and soaking up things like little sponges. And did I mention they are everywhere? I run around after them so much I should be a size two. Sadly, I am not.
Feedings: We are still working on self feeding with spoons. I can't say we have been aggressively working on it though. I can say we work on it sometimes, and sometimes I selfishly give them other things b/c I am scared on the mess, lol. (at least I'm honest!) Jules has definitely become the better eater of the two. She is more open to trying new foods and textures. Honestly, she will eat anything is she knows we are eating it. (the little mimic she is). Josh is much more weird about textures. He LOVES pasta though. However, only certain kinds. He really likes Annie's organic shells and cheese. So, when I make it I add a protein, like chicken or salmon, and veggies and some more cheese and whole milk. Yummy! They also eat alot of cheese, yogurt, toast, waffles, chicken, fish, crackers, veggies, avocado, etc. I still am pretty good about adding (healthy) fattening things to each meal. I still have little babies, which still aren't gaining weight as quickly as I would like (sigh, it certainly doesn't help that they now run everywhere they go and probably burn 1000 calories a day!) They are still very healthy, of course, I think its just something I will forever obsess with. We are also 100% done with bottles. I miss our morning one though. I had rigged the nipple for it to be super fast flow, so the sippys just are way to slow for them...so they would be tired of it and stop drinking. So, I decided to also rig a couple of their sippy cups for the morning. (I know most people don't even do a morning drink, but its kind of out thing. We change their diapers, they sit with daddy and have their milk, while I pick out their clothes. Then, they get dressed after they finish, then breakfast later)
Waketime/Napping: We are..........dumdumdum.........sort of down to one nap. They aren't 100% yet, and honestly, there are some days they could use another one. For the most part, I can say its dropped. They go down at about 11-11:30 right now. I would like to move it until 12, but its a bit of a struggle at 11 now.
Nightime: I know last month we were talking about some early waking, and I think we have it figured out - dang birds!! They are chirping away right outside their window. It has rained like crazy for the past week or so, so now they have been sleeping like champs. But, I'm sure this bird problem will come back. Hmmm, not sure what to do about it yet.
Our Schedule:

7:15- wake/feed 8oz each whole milk for Josh & Jules then cereal with fruit or waffle with cream cheese spread or eggs and toast with fruit
10:30 - some milk
11:00 - Lunch is either a pasta, ( I have found Annie's Organic boxed pasta and they love it! You can sneak in some veggies here too) beans, rice, usually avocado. I try to have a little bit of the biggies: whole grain, fruit, veggie, protein. We also are fans of Yummy brand chicken nuggets (Canadian product so gov't mandates hormone free and natural - way cheaper than organic. Harris Teeter sells it) and fish
11:30 - Nap
3:00 - feed 6-7oz for each + "dinner" This is either some of a pasta I have in the fridge, or toast with hummus and fruit. There also might be cut up tofu, cut up string cheese, chicken, cut up veggies, beans, or rice. I try to keep some easy things in the fridge to grab.
5:00 - sometimes a snack. I usually forget. I try to do water or milk and something light.
6:30/6:45 - I still feed another meal here, but they usually just pick at it. Their appetite really drops here.
7:00-7:30 - baths, a sippy cup of milk, story/bedtime
Outing/Events: We are definitely better about our outings. We have done the zoo. They aren't super into it yet, but we're trying. They liked it better when we took the again instead of the stroller. We also joined the Gymboree classes. We go for a Saturday class and to the open play twice a week. They still do storytime on Wednesdays. We also did an easter egg hunt with my twin mommy group. They have also been a couple of times to the Shipwrecked playhouse. This is super fun, and they have dress up clothes and everything. Now that they are down to one nap, we have a more flexible schedule to do some more playdates and such. My twin mommy group does a ton of fun things that I, or my nanny can take them to, so we're looking forward to that.

Structured Playtime: We are working on this. It is a huge priority for me right now. My nanny has now been working for us a year (jeez, it has gone fast) so we will do her review and talk about what I want her to work with moving forward.

Diet: **crickets** Another fun thing that has transpired is that Josh has refused to let me go to the gym. He REFUSES to be in the nursery there and screams the entire time. They usually come and get me after 15 minutes. I have just quit trying and it is VERY FRUSTRATING.

Milestones: Well, I officially no longer have babies. They are running everywhere, talking toddlers!! They love to run. Jules swings her arm when she does and its hysterical. Josh loves to just run. He is such a boy.  They love being outside. We have started into tantrum area, however not by much, and its easily fixed, which is good. They can now reach door knobs, but can't turn them. They LOVE going to potty. In fact, you now cannot use the bathroom in peace anymore. You will almost always have an audience, and they come running, lol. They still love playing chase. They love clapping. They love to dance (so funny). They can sing (or try to, but dang, its cute). They are just little mimics, and its hysterical. they know what most things are now, and can go and and find their bear, Elmo, toys, books, golf clubs, balls, etc. My Lord, these babies are the funniest, smartest babies ever!! They just crack me up. They are walking everywhere, and sometimes Josh can run a little bit. They love playing chase. They love reading books. As far as words, Josh says mama, Dada, NaNa (night), dohight (I think light?), Hi, ball (could also mean bath), byebye, he also says a form of "Josh". We are learning to say lots of other things as well. Jung more in the speech department, but has done a 360. In fact, I was just talking to the pedi about her language last week, and now she is talking - so weird!! She says mama, dada, bye, ball, and some other "julesisms", which don't really have a meaning, which we haven't figured out yet, lol. She does sign pretty good. She does more, please, hug, eat, hat, bye, etc. Josh can do please and hat. They are just so smart and they amaze me on a daily basis. I swear, every day when Jake gets home I say, "guess what they learned today?" (Of course, I have also joked that they are like little dogs, that its easy to teach and learn new tricks - ha!!)

4 comments:

  1. Just have to tell you that a lot of times after reading your blog I think ok Im doing things right. She has 2 and they are doing great. LOL tonight after reading that you do milk (or formula in my case) at bed time made me feel better. Someone questioned me recently about "still" giving him a bottle b4 bed. I dunno it has worked this long and he's been sleeping through the night since 3 months so if I brush he teeth often enough what is it really hurting? :) So thanks for indirectly reassuring me that its all good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your babies are so smart and beautiful! You do so many fun things with them and they are going to thank you one day =) Thanks for posting your updates, it always makes me a little less sad that time is passing because I know we're coming up to new, fun things too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are adorable!! congrats on 15 months :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came across your blog randomly and I LOVE IT! We have twins and reading this completely makes me feel as though I am doing something right :) LOL!!

    ReplyDelete