Saturday, May 14, 2011

Flashback Friday - Steeplechase

***sigh***
Today is a big day here in Nashville, Tennessee. It is the day that many, many people (like myself) look forward to every year. It is Nashville's version of the Kentucky Derby - the Iroquois Steeplechase. It used to be my all time favorite time of the year. The girls all buy new dressed, don hats, and join their hunnies to watch the horse races, and essentially, drink themselves silly. Its a fun time, overall. Sadly, I haven't been in the past few years. I have been several, several times. I love the dress shopping, the outfit planning, the caravan/catering of it all. Alas, I haven't been like I said. The year before last I was pregnant. Last year I basically had newborns who were breastfeeding, and this year I just am not going. The hubs is playing in a golf tournament, no sitters, etc, etc, etc. However, it is really yucky weather here today, so I'm not that sad really. So, the babes, the sister and I have lots of other fun things planned instead. I will now leave you with some past pictures from Steeplechase. Fun times!!








0 comments:

Post a Comment