Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Steppin out Saturday - First UT Football Game!

Football Season is officially here! I am so excited!! The only good thing about summer coming to an end (sigh, goodbye summer) is that football season is here and ready to go. Being in the south, football is huge here. if you haven't read Fridays post, please do so!

So, this weekend we made our first trip up to Knoxville for University of Tennessee's first home game against Montana. The weather was, dare I say, the worst EVER. We tailgated from about 1-game time, which was 6pm. And during that time it was at least 100 degrees - absolutely miserable, or so I thought. Right at the very start of kickoff the skies opened up and a monsoon started. (Thank you Hurricane Lee) - it rained and rained and rained. The game was postponed, and once it started, we ended up sitting out in the rain for a good quarter or two. Although I am a big fan, I'm not that big of fan, so my and my mom (my seatmate for the game) called it a night and went back to our tailgate and listened to the rest of it, which we waited on our party to return.

The babes didn't make this game, and probably won't this year, but definitely next for sure. They still got to dress in their UT gameday colors and cheer us on though! And, we do it again next week!

p.s. Sadly, my gameday attire was not what I planned. My white dress somehow did not make it to Knoxville with us, so I was forced to recycle my Friday shirt. Oh well, still cute and appropriate - orange!






 

Just the girls :)



Not pigging out - swear.

The TN band - came and played next to our tailgate



Jake got sideline tickets! Yay him!

tailgate food - totally healthy - cross my fingers.



Please vote for us! We would really appreciate you taking a second to do so!

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs






Mommy and Me Monday at Really, Are You Serious?

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had so much fun....sorry the weather wasn't cooperating! SO happy college football is here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like fun...until the skies opened up.

    But, I bet you were glad the kiddos didn't come for this one. That would have taken the "fun" to a whole new level.

    ReplyDelete