Friday, April 22, 2011

Flashback Friday - One Year Ago

Ahhhh, how I am now obsessed with these Linky Parties. It makes you step out of the box and post about things you never would before. I love the Wordless Wednesdays, Mommy and Me Mondays, and Steppin Out Saturdays - they are too fun! The Friday ones are called Flashback Fridays. Here is what it is, taken from Christopher and Tia's Blog:

So heres what we do. Every week we dig through our memories- old cell phone pictures, polaroids from 1986, something that you pulled out of a dirty shoe box- and we flashback to it. We show it off, and we write about it. We take ourselves back to that place, with as little or as much detail as our hearts are willing to share. Scan it, upload it, copy and paste it from your livejournal (remember those?)- display your memories in whatever way works for you. And then grab out button way down at the bottom of the page there (or link back old fashioned text style), add it to your flashback, add your link to our flashback, and if you've got an extra minute- maybe browse around and read some of the flashbacks left by others. Its just for fun. And really- memories are too precious to be left in an old dirty shoe box.


So, here is mine. One year ago. I decided to go back in the old blog and see what was going on in my life last year with the babes. They were 14 weeks old, and I had just gone back to work on April 5th. It was an emotional time for me. Plus, my pictures had gotten horrible, because I was used to taking a gazillion of them when I was home with them. Jules was getting over her projectile vomiting of reflux, and Josh was spitting up like crazy. I would talk about Zantac daily in conversations because it was SUCH a big deal at the time, and now I don't even remember them taking it at all. We were trying to sleep through the night, and were on four naps per day. They were almost completely bald because they had lost all of their baby hair, and looked like little old bald men. My favorite part of this time was they had just started to smile, and it made my heart melt. Thank God that I was smart enough so start this blog way back when . I am so happy I have it all documented, because with twins, it is VERY easy to forget all the little things that at that time I cherished so much (and still do).

3 comments:

  1. Awww, look at them all snuggly close and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so precious in the little bouncer together with their babylegs! So cute =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny how they look exactly like themselves and yet so different...

    ReplyDelete