Thursday, October 27, 2011

Flashback Friday - Sweet Dreams Books

Yes, I know this is a baby blog. And, yes, I know you are here to see pictures of my sweet, precious babes. But, because its Friday, you know I will do an uber fab Flashback Friday post! And I could have posted a flashback picture of my sweet babes from last Halloween (well, okay, here you go...they are so cute!).

Halloween 2010. They were bears. Super cute ones.

My sister and I were recently reminiscing about these oh so cheesy books from our teenager years called the Sweet Dreams, and it cracked me up so bad that I felt I should dedicate a Flashback Friday post about it, since I have read almost every single one of them in my lifetime. Yes, so let's just go ahead and say this is the most pointless blog post in the history of blog posts.

Sweet Dreams was a teenage young-adult love book series that consisted of over 200+ books. They were written from the 1980's until 1996 I read, which is crazy. It makes me giggle to think back on it because it was so cheesy, but the funny thing is that many celebrities got their start in modeling on the books covers. (such as Courtney Cox Arquette, below)

So, here are some of my favorite Sweet Dreams books. I swear, I LOVED THEM. It honestly seems like yesterday! (How old am I??? Please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers these books!) and again, apologies for this being the stupidest blog post ever. Hopefully it will take you down memory lane, and not make you want to un-follow the blog. *We will be back to baby posts tomorrow :)*





This one was themed around sailing


Hehe! here she is! I think this one was about a debate team

A classic - Love on opposite rival teams. Will school loyalty or love win out?

Probably my favorite one :)


Three cheers for votes!! Come on, please?

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

4 comments:

  1. OMG...those costumes are precious! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously precious costumes!! The books are cracking me up, they sound like life time movies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there...found your blog while searching for Sweet Dreams books for a trip down memory lane. Thanks for the laugh. I was one of those cheesy readers! Remember the Popularity Plan? Well, lets just say a friend and I concocted our own and nabbed the wrong guy!

    ReplyDelete