Sunday, October 2, 2011

Steppin out Saturday - Nashville Heart Walk

This week's Steppin out Saturday was a fun and personal one for me. As most of you know, I work for the American Heart Association. And although, yes, I do get paid for what I do, I am also personally involved and inspired by our mission. I really, truly believe we do good things for people with the money we raise. This Saturday was Nashville's Heart Walk. It is a HUGE event here in Nashville. I worked it.

Although there are other events that I love (the Gala, for one, because its very affluent and cocktail) Heart Walk is probably my favorite. There isn't another event we put on that you can actually see the good we are going in our community. There were SO many companies there supporting us, and SO MANY families there thanking us and supporting us as well.All the walkers wore "marathon" number signs on their backs stating who their were walking in honor or memory of.  One of the more touching moments of my day was seeing a dad carrying his infant daughter. On her back was a sign that read "I am a survivor". I mean, talk about water works. I am sure she had some type of open heart surgery as a newborn, and to think I am raising money for this cause, its just awesome.


The Memorial Aisle

Lots of companies went all out and designed their own Tshirts for the event - this is Gaylord

People could write their own Memorials. Mine is on the left. My dad had open heart surgery. His friend Larry died of a heart attack. And I will forever, forever think about Baby Thomas and his family.


Lots of dogs there!

Some fun teams. Its just so awesome.

Well, lookie here! Look who decided to also come out!

Mmmmm...balloon animals...The babes are in their UT gear as well :)

Josh and Jake. Vicki and JV also came out to join in the fun as well as his Aunt Benny, cousins Lisa, Heath and Gabe!

We have our red heart shakers! Future cheerleader?

They got REALLY excited about this dog. And, I do believe this is their first encouter with a big character, and they LOVED him.

This dog was thirsty!

Moi:  Tshirt:Volunteer AHA shirt, lol // Jeans: Gap // Jacket: Ann Taylor // Shoes: My Nikes (super stylish, no?)

They had a photo booth, which, of course makes me giddy. Dont' know why I am out of frame in #4. Hmmm.

Linking up with Mandy over at Harpers Happenings! Also, could ya vote for me please?

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

8 comments:

  1. I actually didn't know you worked for them! That's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the photos. Looks like an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post i am glad that you love what you do! Helps alot of people and hopefully helps save lives! following you from the Mom Blog Monday come visit at http://2ispurrfect.blogspot.com/ Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sad I missed it this year. And super sad that I missed it when they had a photo booth!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great cause and wonderful pictures! Love the photo booth!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun event! Love things like this where the entire family can have a good time!

    Stopping by from the Bloggy Moms blog hop :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so awesome that your are doing this with your little ones. I love all the pics. New follower from the hop hope you can come by and visit my site.

    ReplyDelete