Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Wordless Wednesday - Reliving Childhood Memories

There is something to be said for reliving and recreating your childhood. There is some negative to that. And then again, there is something so amazingly awesome it almost takes your breath away.
Here are me and my two sisters at the piano when we were little. (I'm the one on the left, then Ginny, then Leslie. My younger sister, Ginny is probably right around the babies' age)

And here are my two precious kiddos, also at the piano.



We don't have one at the house, but there is one at my Mom's. And they LOVE it. They go right up and start playing on it when we get there.

To be able to create the exact moment in time through pictures, it's almost so much it makes a lump form in your stomach at just the awe, sweetness, and amazingness of it. History simply repeats itself, doesn't it?


Please take a second to vote for us, please? We really appreciate you helping stay ranked!

Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs


Linking up with Paper Mama, Project Alicia, 5 Minutes for Mom, Parenting by Dummies, Naptime MomtogAnd Then She Snapped, The Hump Day Hop, and Live and Love Out Loud

20 comments:

  1. Ha ha. I love it. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, so adorable. Love the similarity.
    Would love if you could stop by and link up
    http://totsandme.blogspot.com/2011/10/wordless-wednesday-october-18-2011.html

    Happy Wordless Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so precious. Your two look a lot like you and your sister from behind. As it appears your linky is closed I am going to leave a link here. Thank you for stopping by Kitchen and Kids and linking up.

    http://kitchenandkids.com/2011/10/19/wordless-wednesday-the-projects/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!! what is it about kids and pianos?? Eirik hsa the same love of ours. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That makes me teary! What a special picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy, how neat is that? Love it!!


    Hope your day is blessed♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. A musical family...I'm jealous! :)

    Thanks for stopping by, now folowwing you too!

    Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet post! Have you ever checked out that site DearPhotograph.com? The idea is to take a picture of a picture from the past in the same place today. This reminds me of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so sweet! And so neat that you could "recreate" a picture like that!

    Love it!
    Take care,
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our boys LOVE the piano! I hope one of them picks it up because I always wished I had learned an instrument!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a terrific shot. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these photos. I am a twin with an older sister who has twins while neither of us twins had twins. M yolder sister also had twin fraternal girls like my sister and I are.
    Hope you are having a blast with them!
    WE LOVE BEING TWINS. Best gift you ever gave to each of them!
    glad to have found you and I'm now a GFC fan
    Hope u will chk us out too at http://twinswithtots.blogspot.com/
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE looking back at the "good ole days"! And to then see the picture of your little ones enjoying the piano too...it just brings a huge smile to my face!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what an amazing comparison! Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  15. so sweet!

    I have a new photo blog... will you check it out?

    http://www.whisperedbeauty.blogspot.com

    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is adorable :) I found your blog at the Kidding Around Friday Hop. I am following though your GFC and invite you to explore my blog to get to know more about my family and me. Have a great day :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another informative blog… Thank you for sharing it… Best of luck for further endeavor too.

    ReplyDelete