Friday, June 24, 2011

Flashback Friday - Jake's Baseball 30th Birthday Party




Jake's 34th (eeek - he's old) birthday is on Wednesday the 29th, so for this week's Flashback Friday post (hopefully without the computer crashing) I wanted to post some pics from a few years ago for Jake's 30th birthday. Now, for those that know Jake, he doesn't like to celebrate his birthday. He doesn't like people to know its his birthday. He doesn't want any friends to get together to celebrate his birthday, and doesn't want any attention drawn to himself for it. Most of the time I honor his wishes (however stupid I think they are). However, it being his 30th and all, I simply had to make it special. Of course, I was going for the surprise route, because I know how much he would LOVE that (note the sarcasm).

He is a baseball fanatic. So, I thought it would be fun to rent out the bar that overlooks the Nashville Sounds baseball field (thats our minor league baseball team here in Nashville). So, I rented out the bar and invited about 50 or so people. Jake's friends were just going to invite him to the game for his birthday, then when he walked in - SURPRISE! However, as my life typically is, it didn't turn out the way I was hoping. I had come early to set up, and was so scared he was going to see my car in the parking lot. So, I decided to park in a back space and back it in, so he couldn't see my license plate. Well, as fate would have it, once the boys got there space was limited, so they had to park way in the back, next to my car. Seriously, can you imagine?

Anyway, even though he wasn't necessarily surprised, it was a fab time. Lots of people showed up. We all watched the Sounds play, there was a fireworks show later, and we had lots of food, beer, and Jake even had a baseball cake like he was 5 years old. So, I got to finally throw him a party for once, and it will probably never happen again...until maybe his 40th :)


Jake arriving - surprise!

Me and Jake



His baseball cake, lol.

GREAT picture of the fireworks

Some of the guys

The girlies

Cleo, Jake, and Moi



3 comments:

  1. I never understood those types, when it's my birthday I shout it from the rooftops! That's why I'll never be able to have a darling surprise party like that, I'd plan my OWN party if nothing was happening. :) Looks like a good time, thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness. This post makes me want to party with ya'll so badly! What an adorable flashback, and I LOVE your blog to pieces! I'm happy to meet you through Laurens Flashback Friday! I'm your newest follower! http://www.mammatown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete