Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The unthinkable has happened...


Word to the wise...please don't do what I did. I have an external hard drive. I should have used it. I intended to use it. Did I use it? Nope. And now, my hard drive has crashed. My hard drive with pictures from Day 1 - age 17 months. I can't even begin to count how many pictures that is. I took 400 on their birthday alone. Yes, I have some on Snapfish. I have some on Facebook, slide.com, and my memory cards. However, its not nearly the same, and the time its going to take to go and find and download all of that just makes me sad. And I will still lost tons of tons of smiles and laughs. I have no personal computer right now either, so that is why there is no Steppin' Out Saturday, Mommy and Me Mondays, or photography posts (insert sad face). I also might have lost all computer programs, such as my priceless Photoshop, and my other expensive actions for PS. Also, I had begun writing a book. I wasn't very far on it, just a couple of chapters, but it taken SO LONG to write just those few chapters, that I'm afraid if its lost, I may not ever start it again. Sigh. What a terrible, rotten, awful thing to happen. I took it to my trusty computer place, and they couldn't do anything with it. I have it back now and am going to take it for a second opinion. Please, pray for me. Send me good thoughts. Send me your yellow aura. Got any good mojo? Pass it along please. Again, don't do what I did. Back up your shit. Thats all.



Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs

10 comments:

  1. Oh oh oh , poor you! I feel your pain and am backing up mine now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweetie, that's horrible! I'm so sorry {{{HUGS}}} Hope your 2nd opinion place has good news for you *fingers & toes crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh that is HORRIBLE!!! I would be devastated. I never delete any pictures from my camera unless they are on both my computer hard drive and my external hard drive because I am so paranoid about that. Pictures of your children are the worst things to lose! I hope someone can do something for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is my worst nightmare!

    There are a few places online that specialize in nothing but file restorations even in dire situations. If your next contact still says it's not possible, let me know and I will try to find out who my friend used!!

    omgababy at gmail

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH NO! I'm terrified of that happening!! And just because I read this, I"m ordering one tonight. So so so sorry :-(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no!! =( Thats my worst fear too... i need a bigger external hard drive as mine isn't big enough! You've motivated me to add that to my top priority list... and I would DEF get a second opinion on loosing all the data... my brother is a computer guy and has recovered stuff for me before when I swore it was lost forever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ((((HUGS)))) Mandy! I hope your 2nd opinion is able to work miracles for you but if not give me a buzz. We have a computer guy that I swear is a genius and he was able to bring our dusty laptop back to life when I was literally going to throw it in the trash because I thought it was so far gone. Let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mandy, you might be able to save it. Mine crashed and all the geeks said they couldn't do anything with it. But a guy at my moms work was able to take it home and save everything I had on my hard drive and burn it to an external hard drive. If you are interested I can get you his name.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found out that if you have a blog through blogger you also have a picasa album with the same login as your blogger account. And apparently it saves every pic you have ever even attempted to upload to blogger? Maybe there are a few you don't know about on there? I feel for you though girl! The same thing happened to us not long ago and I cried. Thankfully we were able to get everything off the old one (some geek to the rescue) but I seriously was devastated! Hope you can recover them all!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy CRAP Tiff!!! That is amazing! I had NO Idea, and yep - you're right - everything I have uploaded in on Picasa. Woohoo!! And no, its not fixed yet.....sigh

    ReplyDelete