Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I have become that mom

While hanging out with friends this past weekend, one asked my how old the babes were.

I replied, "17 months".

Them, "Ha, ha. Why don't you just say a year and half?"

Me (all panicky): "Because they're NOT a year and a half!!!!

I realized I had become that mom. I am now that person that used to annoy me by aging babies in months, well past their year birthday. (I honestly used to say the exact same thing to mothers) Some even do it well past their second birthday, heck some even later than that.

I have come to realize that, in my opinion, it keeps them small. You measure your infant's age in months. And I think its our way of keeping them small, tiny, and un-growupable. So, I will continue to reply to questions about their age in months as long as I can. Or at least until it becomes weird. Maybe by, say, 54 months :)


Don't forget to vote, pretty please!!
Click To Vote For Us @ the Top Baby Blogs Directory! The most popular baby blogs


2 comments:

  1. I am that mom too... I am not looking forward to 18 months. Weird right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I answered "27 months" recently and the person was like, "WHAT?!?!" That was the last time I said it....Then next time I saw him he told me he was 376 months. Now it's a running joke!

    ReplyDelete